MembersZone Subscriber

Default Training Firefighters in Mexico

Greetings, a group of Colorado and California firefighters have been gathering (old but servicable) fire equipment from the US, to take to the Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen area in Mexico. If you are interested in helping our website is:
    www.bomberosrivieramaya.org

Please check out this site and let us know if you want to help.

Thanks, Bill Salmon
    Captain, Poudre Fire Authority,
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    970-218-9406
    wsalmon345@aol.com

Forum Member

Last summer I visited this very fire station in Mexico. It is amazing that you can travel as far as that and still feel the brotherhood with many firefighters that didn't even speak english. A great group of guys that are doing the best they can with what they have. Count me in, I'll see if my department can come up with anything.

I am sure I can get a link to their vacation benefit plan on our official unofficial web page as well.
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 05-28-2005 at 08:57 PM.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Our department has been giving our old gear, old or shortened hose and used engines to the town of San Felipe for as long as I can remember. They really appreciate all of the stuff and I've only been there once but it was all in excellent condition.
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Yes, Lt. Kramer, the real help is linking the website

Gents,

I really appreciate the response and help getting the word out. We really need people to link the website so we can share ideas and get help with support for the Mexico project.

I am aware of a few other groups helping in Mexico and other countries, but I know there must be many. I've written the Firehouse.com editors offering to work with them to establish an International section that would detail work in Mexico and other countries. If you know of international efforts by firefighters, please have them respond to this thread and we'll begin to get the big picture.

Thanks again, Bill

Thread Information