Thread: Mineapolis F.D

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mineapolis F.D

Hey, does anyone have any experience in Minneapolis? When I get older I was thinking about moving from NY to Mnnesota.Thanks for the help.

Forum Member

Supposedly, MFD will be testing in the next year or so. They're currently hiring another group of cadets off of their current list which is now three years old.

Minneapolis is the second largest department in Minnesota, St. Paul is the largest. St. Paul is larger since they run ALS transport.

You can find everything you want to know about MFD at their website.

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/fire/

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I've tried

I clicked on the link to Minneapolis, but I couldn't find out much. One of my friends said he has a cousin who tried out 6 yrs. ago, but just got in last month. I hope he is lying, because I don't want to wait 6 yrs. to get in.

Forum Member

Well, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but you better ready for a wait if you want to be a full-time firefighter in Minnesota.

First, there aren't that many full-time departments and second the competition is extremely fierce. St. Paul typically has close to 3,000 test for their list. I don't know how many will test for Minneapolis the next go around since this will be the first test that no longer requires Minneapolis residency.

I would recommend that you consider pursuing a full-time firefighting job outside of Minnesota unless you're determined to live here. You're odds are much, much better in other states.

Thread Information