Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Unhappy Good Grief - Give Me A Break!

This was in the local news....

Nipples the latest agent of civilization's demise

Misty Harris CanWest News Service Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The good news is those weapons of mass destruction have finally been found.

The bad news is your mother, sister, aunt, and grandma are all guilty of having them.

Sixteen months after the Super Bowl's tempest in a C-cup, war has been declared on women's breasts. From Desperate Housewives' deployment of digital nipple-erasers to Victoria's Secret's nipple-negating bras, a campaign is underway to conceal one of the natural features of the female breast.

The producers of TV's Desperate Housewives have reportedly spent thousands of dollars digitally removing nipples from on-screen images of actresses Teri Hatcher and Nicolette Sheridan.

In discussing the show's co-called "nipple problem," series creator Marc Cherry tells the Philadelphia Daily News: "Certain actresses really don't like to wear bras. And we try to accommodate them as much as humanly possible ... So we've done a lot of blurring."

A similar situation exists on the set of Vancouver Island-raised Pamela Anderson's new TV series, Stacked. In an April interview on Howard Stern's radio show, the actress complained that network censors ordered her nipples be "taped down" during filming so as not to offend prime-time audiences.

The bizarre trend isn't limited to celebrity skin. According to a spokeswoman for Victoria's Secret, one of the biggest complaints from clients was "nipple show-through" in unlined bras. The response was Ipex, a bra with a contoured pad designed to prevent this problem from arising.

Gary Grizzle, an associate professor of sociology at Florida's Barry University, says anti-nipple sentiments are steeped in the same notions that cause some religions to keep women covered up and out of holy places because a woman's "sexuality disrupts everything that men try to accomplish."

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2005
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

I guess we'll have to outlaw cold weather then too?
    IACOJ

Hey LadyCapn guess we're in trouble then huh....... as WOT's aren't we born with a condition known as Nipples Erectus
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

And to think...

Only a few years ago the crew on Friends where putting on pasties for the always-freshly-chilled look...
    Trolls? We don't need no stinking Trolls.
    -------
    Don't confuse me with facts, because I actually do like to sound like an idiot.

Originally posted by GimliOnFire
    And to think...

Only a few years ago the crew on Friends where putting on pasties for the always-freshly-chilled look...
    Turkey's done!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Good lord - its a boob argh and it has a nnnnnnippppllle! eek run for cover!
    Oh to be uncivilized. Bring back the days of bra burning.
    If this keeps up I think PFIRE and Ladycapn are in for heated bras!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber ckresmer's Avatar

hummmmmm.....some days i think a heated bra aint a bad idea.....it gets colddddddddddddddd.....lol
    if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Forum Member

It seems that this is pure bull****. We are dealing with humans who by nature cannot control this condition. It has been around since the begining of time. We are not able to control it and most people do not want to attempt to control it.

Question...are we now going to require our pets to cover up when in public?

Whats next?
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

Forum Member

BFDLT322 - I dont know man - its a crazy world.
    Well I for one am ready to take on the challenge and study this phenomenon until we can find a solution (hopefully when Im 100 ).
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Forum Member

This whole thing is just plain stupid. I rarely bother with tv shows anymore because of the stupidity. Instead I hang out here. I quess anything for attention or publicity.

Well personally I don't care one way or the other. I don't buy from Victoria Secrets as I find most of their stuff borish. (I said most!) Point is I will wear what I feel comfortable with and if some jerks or old farts don't like it to bad. I'm old enough to be a grandma around here and I wear the same clothes as my daughter and look dam good in them. So go away stupidity and let us dress our nipples as we please.

JoJo

You think this is stupid? Its only going to get worse, as long as "W" and his holy rollers are large and in charge
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Thread Information