Thread: Res-Q-Jack

Forum Member

So fare I have used every one of these systems, and found each one to have advantages and disadvantages. The main thing is what fits your needs the best, and is it readily available in your area?
    In my own opinion there are two of the major brands that I would like to see combined, if a strut was built with the features of both of these I would love it. But until then you must compare all of them for yourself and see what fits your department best.

Mike and Tim , I love this thread, It gives me a chock hold on you guys.

Because you guys will have to be here in March to defend yourselves.
    I have every brand of strut made coming, and each one will be used in the classes. There will not be any hint of sales in the classes but every class is open to spectators for three days, People can see for them self how each one works.
    As of now I have:
    ResQjack, ParaTech, Air Shore, Rescue 42, ResQtec, Power Shore, and Kodiak

Is that pressure or what?
    http://www.midsouthrescue.org
    Is it time to change our training yet ?

Forum Member

I thought I was coming too ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagrescue
    I thought I was coming too ?
    That is the answer I was looking for
    http://www.midsouthrescue.org
    Is it time to change our training yet ?

Forum Member

Lee: I need times and dates and wheres and whens. Starting to fill the 07 date book already. You can email if you like.

Thanks "Z"

Forum Member

[QUOTE=mcaldwell;741107]Because you don't have to hold that damn strut up for 20 minutes.

Lets not get confused about where we're using struts. If you're expecting to use your struts only on the streets, then you're sadly mistaken. I just worked with a crew that carried 4 Res-Q-Jack crank struts with straps and chains over 100 yds down a hill. Needles to say, everyone was worn out before the tools ever made it to the scene. Also, I don't believe anyone needs to carry a tool during extrication for 20 minutes, let alone struts. If your extrication is taking 20 minutes, work smarter, put the tools down whenever you can. Don't always carry it, and don't try to fight it.

Forum Member

100 yds? That's not even a warm up around here.A system is only good if it fits your needs and you have staff that can use it. What works good for me may not work at all for you.Sometimes the fastest way to get equipment to a casualty over the embankment can be a modified breechers buoy.Or a plastic snow sled.Goes back to identifying your common hazards/jobs and trying to tool up for the worst case scenerio,space permitting.We've got industrial,automotive,log trucks,skidders and woods equip,snow removal equip,compacting presses,et al.Try to pack all the gear you need for that on your wagon.Good luck! I've used the Resqjack,I like it.We've got Ruts,quick and easy.Rescue 42's system is very nice.Z-mag?What can I say,it doesn't get any simpler or cheaper(ownership cost NOT quality) and if you have a saw or sawsall is field modifiable.All these systems,including ones I haven't mentioned,have strengths and weaknesses.All will do a great job in the right hands.Question is;Do you have the right hands? Try before you buy and choose the system that best suits YOUR needs. T.C.

Thread Information