Forum Member

Default got a Phone call today..

got a call from a FEMA Lady today, she said she needed to "negotiate" a price. She said they only allow 1200 bucks for coats and pants, and since I ask for 1300, she said would we still accept $1200 per item?.... I said... let me think... yeaaaa... lol.. I hope this is a good sign. She wouldnt say.. I ask her if this meant we were "IN".. she said we were in "review".. I hope that was a good sign..

Is it? Has anyone in else got one of these calls?.. The wait is killin me..
    Last edited by zoom40; 06-02-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

zoom, that is a real good sign. you got the money. the thing is now when do you get it. last year, we got an email asking about reducing the price also. so it's just what they do before they give you the award. congrates.

Forum Member

wheww.. if they had a "smiley" of a dude wiping sweat off his forehead... I'd put it at the top of this post.lol.. Thanks for the good news.. I feel better..

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There are lots of caps on costs for eligible equipment. $4500 for SCBA with 1 spare SCBA bottle, $1200 for coats and pants only, $200 for helmets, $225K for a custom Class A pumper with no real reason why it cost more, etc, etc.

Going by experience, you'll have plenty of money to still buy what you applied for in the quantities you asked for. If there's one thing I say to those that have been awarded that everyone should remember it's this: YOU ARE A CASH CUSTOMER. Prices will drop. I had several departments end up buying Demo TICs for $5K with their spare funds, the first in the departments. Make sure you're getting the best deal. Call around, you'll get good deals.

Thread Information