Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got the 1199A!

MembersZone Subscriber IFCOeng62ine's Avatar

Thumbs up Got the 1199A!

Looked at the DHS portal this AM and saw "Update 1199A" in the drop down menu! No 10 questions yet but glad we got the 1199A. I know that it technically it doesn't constitute an award notification, but I've read enough posts in here to know that they wouldn't send it if they weren't going to give some money.

Needless to say we've got the Guinness chilling at my house (no booze allowed at the station, hahaha)

Anyway, the treasurer wants to know if a potential award needs to be put into its own checking account. Since I'm married to her I figure that I better keep her happy and ask those of you in the know in here. When I filled out the application I put in our regular checking acct info, figuring that it didn't make too much sense to open an account that could potentially go without money in it if we weren't awarded.

I checked the program guidance and didn't see anything about it, but want to make the record keeping as easy as possible.

In the mean time, as someone once said in here, we're so happy you couldn't blast our smiles off with a deck gun

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Chalk one up for tiny Ivyland! What's in store for the boro?

You can use an existing checking account. You have to keep records of everything no matter what, so no sense in opening another account just for a year.

The questions and 1199A come in different orders sometimes. The 10 questions are sent by the grant admin for the area, the 1199A is a flag in the database set by DC, so sometimes they're out of order.

Forum Member

Congrats... where do I look for the 1199A
    at? Will it be there when I log into my grant site? or do I have to look for it?..

MembersZone Subscriber

When you logon, you will be at the status screen. Look under the "ACTION" tab. Click on the drop box. It will show "View Application", "Grant/Revoke Access" and if your lucky "UPDATE 1199A"

MembersZone Subscriber IFCOeng62ine's Avatar

Smile

Thanks for the info, and more importantly for all of the help, advice, and direction all of you have provided in this forum.

Still don't want to celebrate prematurely, but this is the first step towards just under $45K towards 23 sets of brand near gear head to toe and a gear washer to keep it clean.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1199A

A member of our fire dept logged onto to the firegrantsupport.com website recently and it asked her to verify contact info and bank info, was that the 1199A? We are new to all this. Thanks for your help. Is there a way to know what that was for or is that something everyone has to do?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Many people got such an email, it's not the 1199A, they just want to make sure that the people that submitted the application are still the ones to call about it so that they don't have to work too hard tracking people down. The 1199A would be in the drop down menu on the right-hand side, under Review Application and Grant/Revoke Access.

Forum Member

Gosh.. thanks for the post and the info on here. I found the 1199a on the drop down just a couple mins ago...

Probably been there since Friday.
    Now what do I do?.. I got the question, and the 1199.

thanks.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Relax could be a start.

Forum Member

Default 1199a

got the update user profile today. haven't got the questions or the 1199a still crossing my fingers. just like everyone else we really need this.

Forum Member

clevalandfire if you don't mind me asking what did you guys apply for. we got update user info. but nothing else so far.

Forum Member

we have got the User Update, the 10 questions and the 1199a.... I'm grinnin like a mule eatin sawbriers. lol
    I'm hopeing to get a call soon.. I heard may be the first week of July.. It does give me time to work on SAFER.. but its hard to work on SAFER when I want to be "SHOPPING">.

Forum Member

we applied for scba, ppe, and a thermal imager

MembersZone Subscriber

Question 1199A

We recived "the" questions and update request from the coordinator this week. Does any have an idea how long the wait for the 1199A is averaging?

MembersZone Subscriber

You have to log in and see the 1199A in the message center

Forum Member

Got the questions. We applied for a Live Fire Burn Trailer. Looks good I guess.

We are lucky. About five or six weeks ago, we were also awarded a grant from the fire prevention portion.

Good luck everybody.

Forum Member

For IFCOeng62ine - I didn't see anyone respond to the last part of your post - so here it is - you don't need a separate checking account for the deposits - just make sure you keep every scratch of paper, receipt, invoice, calculator tape, etc. that can show how and where you spent their money and your matching funds. You'll need it in the end when you do the close out. If you are using something like quicken to do your book keeping, it would be a good idea to create a separate catagory just to help keep track of the money spent. Hope this helps...and congrats on (almost) winning!!!

Thread Information