Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Toledo, OH - Mike "Iggy" Ignatowski

Firefighter/Paramedic Mike "Iggy" Ignatowski of the Toledo Fire Rescue Department passed away on Saturday, June 4 as a result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident on June 2, 2005.

Iggy was assigned to Station 9 on B shift. He was formerly a Firefighter for my department - Washington Twp. and also the Sylvania Fire Dept. He also formerly worked as a Paramedic for EMTS Ambulance in Monroe, MI and was one of the first Paramedics hired for the ER at St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo.

He is survived by his wife and 7 yo son.

I can't really express how sad I feel about this terrible tragedy. Iggy was one of the guys I really looked up to when I joined my department. He was a great Paramedic and a great Firefighter. He took the job seriously but not too seriously and always had a smirk on his face or a joke to tell.

His son and my son are elementary school classmates and best buddies. I saw Iggy at the school every day (except B shift days) while we were picking up the kids. It's hard to believe I'll never see him again. I feel especially sad for his son who will now have to grow up without his dad.

Rest in Peace Brother....We'll miss you but we'll never forget you!
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I'm very sorry for your loss, Moe.

My condolences to Mike's family and friends, and to the Toledo Fire Rescue Department.

Sleep with angels, Mike
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information