Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default does your department allow you to use blue lights?

at my station Jr.'s arent alowed to have blue lights in their cars, is that rule at every station or does it vary from station to station?

Oh dear god, not again.

My explorer post does not respond. Period. (that pretty much covers the light issue)

FF can't even have lights (oh, and they're red over here) until their probation is over. This is usually 6 months, longer if they've made any boo-boos.

Fasten your seat belts everyone... Let the games begin.

You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Originally posted by ffexpCP
    Oh dear god, not again.

My explorer post does not respond. Period. (that pretty much covers the light issue)

FF can't even have lights (oh, and they're red over here) until their probation is over. This is usually 6 months, longer if they've made any boo-boos.

Fasten your seat belts everyone... Let the games begin.

well i do respond, and i was just asking a question.

but im talking about juniors being able to have lights, those are regular voulenteers

Originally posted by Slaytallica45

but im talking about juniors being able to have lights, those are regular voulenteers
    Not all of them. You didn't read them. If you have not detected it, this is a sore subject here beat absolutely to death and obliteration.

Short answer to your original question: It varies from station to station.

If you have any other questions, read those threads first.
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Originally posted by RLFD14

Not all of them. You didn't read them. If you have not detected it, this is a sore subject here beat absolutely to death and obliteration.

Short answer to your original question: It varies from station to station.

If you have any other questions, read those threads first.

sorry but i looked through the pages of the junior forum since i had a question involving juniors and i didnt see a topic about it. either way, we're not allowed as juniors to have lights on our car but i have them anyway cause i think its bull**** that we cant have lights just cause we are "unessesary members"

No. Juniors and/or Explorers are not allowed to use blue lights. We've had them ask, and I have yet to hear 1 of them ever give me a good reason for it. Want to try?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

sorry but i looked through the pages of the junior forum since i had a question involving juniors and i didnt see a topic about it. either way, we're not allowed as juniors to have lights on our car but i have them anyway cause i think its bull**** that we cant have lights just cause we are "unessesary members"
    Plain and simple of it is,YOU DON'T NEED THEM...Nobody here except for Chiefs and Deputys can have a light..We have a very good response time..Go with the flow instead of worrying about your stupid little light..And no sunshine, it isn't bulls**t that Juniors can't have lights...If you the junior don't make the truck..So be it..Your dept will respond the same with or without you...And probably better without because I'd rather have SR.FF in the truck who can pack up and go into structures instead of a Jr., who until someone gives him somethin to do will stand there with his or her thumb up their *****..Your not a vital responder therefore you don't need them
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 06-09-2005 at 09:34 AM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

LOL I tried to end it early.... to no avail.
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

^says it all...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!

S
    E
    A
    R
    C
    H

Búsqueda, Suche, Αναζήτηση(greek), recherche, поиск, and finally in English.........SEARCH!!! (I apologize for my outburst)

Not to burst your bubble, I am an explorer too, but listen to the people with lots of posts, they tend to know what they are talking about. Not saying that a person with 6 posts doesn't know anything about firefighting, but that is just how it tends to be.

And please use the search feature it is really nice, convienient, and saves alot of time and embarrasment.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Oh, I forgot to answer the original question.

No, we don't have lights in our vehicles. As an explorer why would you need one. Many posts discourage any kind of response to a station for a call because of the Chris Kangas tragedy and many other things. If a fire or incident is big enough, the IC will have us paged out and called by our advisors to report to the station or scene and we are to respond WITH NORMAL TRAFFIC.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

- - - - - -
    I A C O J

ROFLMAO!!!

Originally posted by ndvfdff33

Plain and simple of it is,YOU DON'T NEED THEM...Nobody here except for Chiefs and Deputys can have a light..We have a very good response time..Go with the flow instead of worrying about your stupid little light..And no sunshine, it isn't bulls**t that Juniors can't have lights...If you the junior don't make the truck..So be it..Your dept will respond the same with or without you...And probably better without because I'd rather have SR.FF in the truck who can pack up and go into structures instead of a Jr., who until someone gives him somethin to do will stand there with his or her thumb up their *****..Your not a vital responder therefore you don't need them
    how the **** can you tell me what i do at a fire scene? you dont even know me, "who until someone gives him something to do stands there with their thumbs up their ***". **** you, when i make a truck to the scene of a fire i dont stand there, i actually help, manning outside lines on the building, running tools to the door that the team on the interior needs. i think i am a vital part of the responding team, because if it wasnt me doing those jobs, then it'd have to be a certified firefighter doing the job, who could be better spending his time on the inside where i cant go. so dont go telling me what the **** i do on the scene for my dept, sunshine.
    Last edited by Slaytallica45; 06-09-2005 at 08:42 PM.

This is coming from a friend of Slaytallica's and a a Jr. member of the same dept. Slaytallica's been on our squad for a while, he's good at what he does, and he knows his stuff. At the point he's at now, I don't think it's a streach AT ALL to call him a vital member of our station, in fact I would say he is to the 'undth degree. This guys at the station, regardless of the time of day, or weather, before anyone else shows up. (I'm trying to avoid the lights issue, and simply defend this guy and us juniors alike).
    If young guys like him ^^ and myself weren't on the squad, standing, as you so kindly put it "with our thumbs up our ***'" then all the Sr.'s would be doing the tedious work we do, somehow I think the Sr.'s thank God we're around at 3 a.m. to grab them a seatbelt cutter, or crib a car, while they're getting ready to cut out a windshield. The arrogance that allot of guys on here emote is really dumbfounding, I can't undertand why individuals my age, with the initiative to join a fire dept. while most 16yr olds are dicking around at the mall, are looked down upon in such a way that you ndvfdff33 have expressed.

how the **** can you tell me what i do at a fire scene? you dont even know me, "who until someone gives him something to do stands there with their thumbs up their ***". **** you, when i make a truck to the scene of a fire i dont stand there, i actually help, manning outside lines on the building, running tools to the door that the team on the interior needs. i think i am a vital part of the responding team, because if it wasnt me doing those jobs, then it'd have to be a certified firefighter doing the job, who could be better spending his time on the inside where i cant go. so dont go telling me what the **** i do on the scene for my dept, sunshine.
    Ok..Yeah I'll give you that one...But how does this still give reasoning for you to need a light? You don't need to be and shouldn't be on the first truck out so therefore like I say its not vital that you are there ASAP..Go with normal traffic...Get on the 2nd or 3rd in truck...And for your info..I wasn't telling you what you can do...But someone on your dept can.And if you read, I didn't say you stand there the entire time..But often times you could wait around until someone asks to do something..I did the junior thing myself..I know what goes on...I never worried about wanting a light and nor should you....I went and did my thing...Hell I'm on the regular side of it now and I still couldn't care a less if I have one

And Pierce..In no way was I calling him bad at what he does...I was simply stating theres not a vital requirement for him to be there very quickly...
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 06-09-2005 at 11:45 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information