Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default TIC Fundraising Ideas

Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas for purchasing TIC's??

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

Default Re: TIC Fundraising Ideas

Originally posted by eric11
    Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas for purchasing TIC's??
    This month's Firehouse magazine has an article on fundraising. You can also check the Bullard website, www.thermalimager.com.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

We worked nights in local restaraunts that would donate the nights proceeds to us. We sponsored a concert for local bands and charged a small admission fee. I personally went to every business/motel in town and explained what we were doing, why we wanted it, how it could save them money (with less damages). I went to my Town Council and researched all of the recent bonds that were put in place for different purchases and found (and allocated) all the unused funds in the bond when possible.

So far, our first TIC (1997) is the only firefighting equipment that we have had to raise monies outside of our normal funding. It was worth it then and it is worth it now.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

When raised the money for ours, some 6 years ago, we held an auction. Members approached local businesses for donated product. It takes a lot to set up and it won't happen over night but the results can be very good.
    HINT: See your local WalMart. They were termenous help and most people are not aware of a corp. policy that says any charity money raised locally corp. head office will match up to $2,0000.00.

Good luck.

Forum Member

HI;
    Our department held a radio-thon to raise money for a TIC, it went over so well we had enough money raised for several other local townships to purchase the TIC's. Many local car dealerships gave a set amount for each car sold that week or month. The radio station had great ideas for getting money from local business to go along with the radio-thon. We had a two, one day radio-thon's and the money from the business. We purchased 2 TIC's for the surounding townships.

Ed

Thread Information