Banned

Question Are these kids/teenagers stupid

What goes through the heads of some kids/teenagers. I guess if they are to slow it would be a train. This has to be the most stupid thing I have seen in a long time.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005260496,00.html

Forum Member

“The message here is playing chicken is dangerous — the train always wins.”

Lol...what if one of the kids is a young Clark Kent?

Forum Member

pack of knobs they are.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

Engine 35 respond with wet dry vac to Smith Street at rail road crossing. Idiot vs train.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

Yes, I would certainly classify these kids as STUPID! There are better ways to get an adrenaline rush.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Forum Member

These are the same twits who will cry when one dies and say he was a good boy.

Then don't forget that the family will sue because their son lacked the common sense God gave a gnat.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Just last Sunday we had a car vs. train. Three kids in the car. This is in the middle of the country with about 1/2 to 3/4 mile visibility in each direction. Still, they pulled out in front of the damn thing. Killed the driver, and put the other two in ICU. I can't for the life of me figure out how you can't see something the size of a house coming at you like that. Jeez...

Forum Member

How did kids suddenly get so stupid???????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I think once I stopped being a kid (in the legal sense, not at heart of course), they all just gave up, seeing as how their leader had moved on and all...

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Weeding of the population, that's all.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Originally posted by firenresq77
    How did kids suddenly get so stupid???????
    When their parents stopped having time for them, stopped scolding them, and generally stopped caring. That's when. Parents, look at yourselves when you have problems with your kids.
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

Forum Member

Preach it, Tide. Things have changed. My wife teaches school and from observing those parents, I see a fundamental difference between 2005 parents and 1985 parents:

Kid: Mom, Mrs. Jones put me in the corner today and I didn't do anything.

Mom: Sure you didn't. I'll talk to Mrs. Jones tomorrow and find out what you "didn't do".

Kid (fearing a reprisal upon his arse post-conference): I poured glue on Tommy Flanagan's desk.

Mom: No "Knight Rider" for a month.

Kid: A whole month???

Mom: Wanna make it two?

Mom: That hag!! I've always hated her!! (Dials Mrs. Jones' house) What do you mean putting my son in the corner? That is humiliating! Let me tell you something, Miz "Teacher", I discipline my child, not you. You are there to teach him, not embarrass him. I'm calling my lawyer! (Slams phone down)

What do we expect??
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Amen EastKYFF,

But the sad thing is some of the people who even peruse these forums are like that and need to wake up please.

I am still kind of young (27) not married and don't have kids yet, but when I do I am going to be a hardazz (compared to everyone else probably)

Oh and my mom is a teacher and she tells the parents on open house night "You believe half of what your child says about me and I'll believe half of what they say about you"
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

Forum Member

Originally posted by FFTide
    Amen EastKYFF,
    Oh and my mom is a teacher and she tells the parents on open house night "You believe half of what your child says about me and I'll believe half of what they say about you"

Bingo. When I was a kid, if it was a kid's word against an adult's, the adult got the benefit of the doubt. Now it's the opposite, and kids do not need that kind of power.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    Bingo. When I was a kid, if it was a kid's word against an adult's, the adult got the benefit of the doubt. Now it's the opposite, and kids do not need that kind of power.
    But that's our power to give, and our's to take away.
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

Forum Member

Ain't that the truth. And boy, do a lot of kids KNOW they have that power and they use it. My Mom's been a teacher for over 30 yrs and my wife is a teachers aid...some of the story's are just unbelievable.

Forum Member

As a teenager myself, I look at these kids and shake my head. What on earth would propel them to do such a thing. I definatly agree that there are better ways to get an adrenaline rush. Introduce them to paintball or something. And as for parent/kid understanding. My family has always been strict and my house is like EastKYFF's 1985 quote. I also go to an all-boys catholic college prep school, so one step out of line...................

Another thing, I have noticed that many of my peers are very disrespectful to adults in general. If i were ever to back talk to my parents, or a friends parents, or anyone else for that matter, I would not see the outside world for a month. i would rather live like this though than in a discipline-lax environment.
    Last edited by backsteprescue; 06-27-2005 at 04:59 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Banned

I think part of the problem is that parents are scared to discipline their children. I have 2 kids of my own and 3 step-kids, my kids are well behaved and when they are not all I have to do is raise my voice and they know when to calm down. on the other hand two of my step children live with their bilogical father and have ADHD. he will not let them take medication to help them. I used to call my step son silly billy as his name was billy. one day someone knocked on the door. I opened it and the woman pushed me out the way, said she was from child protective services and sat down on my couch.
    I asked her what this was about and who the f**k she thought she was pushing me out the way and inviting herself into my house. she then told me she had a report that I was calling my step-son names, I asked her what names and she said she was told I was calling him a silly billy. I told her calling him silly billy was just a bit of fun and he thought it funny. she then told me that I am not to call him this name again or she would take me to court for calling him names. I laughed at this worker and asked her to leave my home. I couldn't get her out of my house even after throwing her briefcase out the door. I called the police and had to have this lady removed by them.
    This is why kids are the way they are

Forum Member

Divorce is a big factor. Kids play one parent against the other, taking advantage of their mistrust/hatred for each other.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Preach it, Tide. Things have changed. My wife teaches school and from observing those parents, I see a fundamental difference between 2005 parents and 1985 parents:

Mom: Sure you didn't. I'll talk to Mrs. Jones tomorrow and find out what you "didn't do".

Kid (fearing a reprisal upon his arse post-conference): I poured glue on Tommy Flanagan's desk.

Mom: No "Knight Rider" for a month.

Kid: A whole month???

Mom: Wanna make it two?

Mom: That hag!! I've always hated her!! (Dials Mrs. Jones' house) What do you mean putting my son in the corner? That is humiliating! Let me tell you something, Miz "Teacher", I discipline my child, not you. You are there to teach him, not embarrass him. I'm calling my lawyer! (Slams phone down)

What do we expect??
    My mom's in 1985.
    2005 Pontiac Wave 5 Hatch
    Pontiac... built for drivers

Forum Member

Default Want to realise how lucky you are?

My old lady(God rest her soul) brought us two kids up thru the Second World War. She made Ghengis Khan seem like a wet dream--if she had been in the S.S she would have been thrown out for cruelty.

She loved us like a lioness with her cubs--and all of you should go watch this in action at the zoo--we did wrong, we got chastised-we did right we got heaps of love.

Did not take long to see how easy life could be if you followed the rules.

My criminal record? A speeding ticket--thanks Mum.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

A south African pastor once told me this; 'The only way to be absoloutly free is to conform absoloutly'.
    I will leave this to you guys to figure out.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

When I was in High School the most respected teacher in the whole building was the P.E. teacher/wrestling coach. The guy was a golden glove boxer for Penn State and served in the Navy in Vietnam. Tough as steele, and had that "1000 yard stare". If you screwed up, he let you know. If you mouthed off to him, you bet your *** you'd spend the next month being pushed to your physical limit. But, the man had a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone in hard times. He had the utmost respect from the students, and even more from fellow teachers and parents. The guy even died doing what he loved, he was jogging with his P.E. class in '96 and collapsed right on the track of a triple AAA. I wish there were more like him.

Forum Member

The big problem is divorce for children is neither parent wants to be the one to disipline. I see it a lot in my investigations and when I used to teach. "I only have the child/ren I evening a week and every other weekend. I don't want to spend the whole time disaplining them. Well guess what? Those kids are learning they don't have to follow rules. Mom nor dad want the responsibility of teaching the children. I have always felt raising kids is like a boxing ring. The ropes are the rules, they can bounce off the ropes/rules and be ok, but go outside those ropes and you will suffer the consequences. We have raised 4 very good kids. They have careers or are college or on their way. The hard thing is all have loft goals. Don't think we'll ever be out of dept. Yes I'm proud and my baby is only 14. He may be a bit of a handful?

MembersZone Subscriber

I think STUPID is contagious, quick story....

I was driving work yesterday, out of the corner of my eye I see this kid **** his arm back and throw a baseball, RIGHT AT ME!!! He was waiting for the bus, had to be a junior high punk! Lucky for me he threw the ball early and it sailed right over my hood! Well, turned around and went looking for him. By the time it took me to circle back he was gone. didn't see any reason to jam on the breaks at that point seeing as he didn't hit the truck, and I didn;t know who was behind me!

I couldn't believe this F'ing punk! WTF are with the Kids of today!!!
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Thread Information