Forum Member

Lightbulb It can happen anywhere

An airplane crashed into a house in Cut n' Shoot, Texas this afternoon. That is definitely proof that anything can happen anywhere, even to small vollie departments. The wierd part is though it's not the first time that's happened...

Forum Member

How about some details on the incident, such as the type of aircraft, the number of souls on board, injuries/fatalities, department response, mutual aid, distance from the airport, weather conditions, etc?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    How about some details on the incident, such as the type of aircraft, the number of souls on board, injuries/fatalities, department response, mutual aid, distance from the airport, weather conditions, etc?
    Why do you need all that, Cap???

Can't you get it from what's already been said???
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

thanks firenresq77

I have heard many different things off of the news. If you really care there will be an article with the details in tomorrow's paper. www.thecourier-online.com

Forum Member

Originally posted by eric11
    thanks firenresq77

I have heard many different things off of the news. If you really care there will be an article with the details in tomorrow's paper. www.thecourier-online.com
    Uhhhhhhh...... That was a joke. How about more info???????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We just responded to a plane crash on Saturday night. I am not sure what type of plane it was, but it can carry 30 people. It is used at a sky diving place (Aerohio) here in our little town. The only two people left in the plane were the pilot and co pilot. From what I understand they tried to make a landing and caught their right wing on the ground the went nose first into a field. Both people survived... My pt was the worst hurt with a fractured arm... and of course a little shock thrown in.

MembersZone Subscriber

Capt & 77 I saw this breifly on the news last night.

NUtshell, : small plane 2 seater (? Cesna type). Crashed into house in TX causeing large fire, Pilot killed on impact, rumors of a student pilot also, not confrimed (as of 2200 last night)

News showed the house fully engulfed with flames. I shall browse some more for more intelligent details.

* after further review, I want even close on the plane type. It was a Beech 76 Duchess twin engine.

"The pilot was identified as Masayuki Shiokawa, 32, of Conroe. Department of Public Safety Sgt. Jovon Reed said Shiokawa was an instructor for MVP Aero Academy, a pilot school in Montgomery County."
    Last edited by pvfire424; 06-10-2005 at 11:03 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Additional link to story

Plane crash

Forum Member

Most of the eastern and northern Montgomery County departments responded. It was a Duchess.

Forum Member

Beech aircaft, a Raytheon Company, does no have a model called the Duchess. The news media got it wrong. This is more than likely the aircraft that went down.. the Beech Baron 58. This twin engined aircraft has a max takeoff weight of 5500 pounds and carries 1954 gallons of fuel. It can carry 4 to 5 passengers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Any department could be called for an aircraft crash. Just ask the brothers in the small department in PA what happened on 9-11.

Here in southwest Michigan, west bound commercial aircraft headed for ORD get their final landing instructions as they cross the omni just south of town. They also "stack" aircraft over us when there are delays at ORD.

We have discussed and done some training sessions on how to handle a crash and what mutual aid would be required. It helps that the county emergency management director is a private pilot and knows FAA and NTSB procedures.

Stay safe,

Pete
    Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

MembersZone Subscriber

Capt, do you mean to say that the media was, gulp, wrong !?

AAAAkkkk!, well, I guess there is a first for everything. Although, I didnt know any better.

Were those , however the details you were looking for ?

( most of this post was made with tounge planted firmly in cheek!)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hate to tell you this cap, but

Beech aircaft, a Raytheon Company, does no have a model called the Duchess
    They haven't built one in close to 25 years, but there was a Beechcraft Model called the Duchess. It is a mid-70s design.

If anyone is just filled with a desire to know when and where airplanes crash, check out the NTSB's Aviation Accident Database . You can search for and read about any aviation accident since 1982.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by EFD840; 06-10-2005 at 06:45 PM.

Forum Member

Default Re: Hate to tell you this cap, but

Originally posted by EFD840

They haven't built one in close to 25 years, but there was a Beechcraft Model called the Duchess. It is a mid-70s design.

If anyone is just filled with a desire to know when and where airplanes, check out the NTSB's Aviation Accident Database . You can search for and read about any aviation accident since 1982.
    Thank you... I stand corrected.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information