Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohio ff cert

Forum Member

Question Ohio ff cert

Was just wondering if any one can help me with a question... most states require their own cards for employment, how many states (really care about Florida) will my Ohio certs.(FF/EMT-B) be good?

thanks for the help

Default Re: Ohio ff cert

Originally posted by LAWSON
    Was just wondering if any one can help me with a question... most states require their own cards for employment, how many states (really care about Florida) will my Ohio certs.(FF/EMT-B) be good?

thanks for the help
    You'll need to check with each state you are considering....... It varies too much amongst them.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber Firedan38's Avatar

let me fill you in a little on Florida.....they do not accept any other state certifications either for fire or EMS you have to challenge the EMS test....if you feel like fighting you can try to challenge the fire certs, but you will not succeed. so if you are planning to come to Florida, plan on at least going through fire school again.....and by the way you cant go to fire school(at least at St. Pete College) without EMT, and you have to take an agility test to get in.
    Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates. - Arleigh Burke

From what I have heard, an Ohio card is pretty much only good in Ohio... but at least (for the time being) it never expires!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

thanks for the info guys

Thread Information