MembersZone Subscriber

Default It might be time to add Germany to the "list"

TV show depicts 9/11 as Bush plot

By Tom Goeller
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A fictional crime drama based on the premise that the Bush administration ordered the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Washington aired this week on German state television, prompting the Green Party chairman to call for an investigation.

"I think absolutely nothing of the conspiracy theory that has been hawked in this series. I hope this particular TV movie will be discussed very critically at the next supervisory board meeting of ARD [state television]," said Green Party Chairman Reinhard Buetikofer, who acknowledged that he had not seen the show.

Sunday night's episode of "Tatort," a popular murder mystery that has been running on state-run ARD-German television for 35 years, revolved around a German woman and a man who was killed in her apartment.

According to the plot, which was seen by approximately 7 million Germans, the dead man had been trained to be one of the September 11 pilots but was left behind, only to be tracked down and killed by CIA or FBI assassins.

The woman, who says in the program that the September 11 attacks were instigated by the Bush family for oil and power, then is targeted, presumably to silence her. The drama concludes with the German detectives accepting the truth of her story as she eludes the U.S. government hit men and escapes to safety in an unnamed Arab country.

As ludicrous as it may sound to most Americans, the tale has resonance in Germany, where fantastic conspiracy theories often are taken as fact.

Many Germans think, for example, that the 1969 moon landing was faked, and a poll published in the weekly Die Zeit showed that 31 percent of Germans younger than 30 "think that there is a certain possibility that the U.S. government ordered the attacks of 9/11."

In fact, three of the hijackers who seized control of commercial airlines on September 11, 2001, including the ringleader, Mohamed Atta, purportedly had ties to a Hamburg, Germany-based al Qaeda cell.

ARD, and ARD-produced television shows, are funded by a monthly tax on German televisions. The network plays a role similar to the British Broadcasting Corp., or the Public Broadcasting Service in the United States, which is nominally independent but funded by taxpayers.

"Tatort," which translates to "Crime Scene," is a drama with a rotating cast of actors solving mysteries in weekly episodes set throughout Germany.

The U.S. Embassy in Berlin was not impressed with the latest episode, which seemed to use haunting Arabic music to portray Arabs and Muslims as innocent victims of American aggression.

"Any claim or suggestion that the United States government was behind the 9/11 disaster is absolutely absurd and not worthy of further comment," said Robert A. Wood, spokesman for the embassy.

A German diplomat in Washington said no one in Germany took the plot seriously because it was "pure fiction."

"It was so out of line with what people really think," the diplomat said, adding that the episode does not deserve further comment.

Nicholas Kralev in Washington contributed to this article.

Forum Member

When we had exchange students from Japan they were shocked to see our school.......they thought EVERY school was like the movie Dangerous Minds because that was the only "popular" picture of american schools to take off over there.

They probally see shows over there like 24, shows on JKF's assination and stuff on area 51 all about conspiracys and covers ups and combined with there hatered of Bush they (foolishly) make there judgements on the whole goverment that way.

Alot of people HERE that are decent patriotic americans think the goverment had a hand in JFK's murder. Alot of people think the goverment is holding back something at area 51.

9/11 right now is too sacred a cow to scure with independent probeing by people and for cracks to appear in "Official report". I think in 10-25 years people start digging for the truth and some facts come out that the goverment in many ways wasnt completely truthfull with the American people.... and I think when it does, the Saudi Royal familys name is going to keep popping up.......but thats another thread.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Also, if we are going put Germany on the list lets do it for the fact they were in bed with Saddam along with the French. Not cause a tv show had a fictional plot and after 35 years they are running a little dry on ideas.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

I heard on the radio yesterday that Germany is importing 40,000 um, ladies of the night, for next years World Cup. The report also said they have drive in bordellos over there.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Phewwwww...when you said add them to the "list," I thought you meant make them permanent members of the UN Security Council! When I go back to class in the Fall I'm gonna have to thank one my political science professors for making me think WAY to much about International Relations. Well anyway...glad that's not what you meant...even though the UN really doesn't matter much.
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Forum Member

Area 51 is real. The Air Force doesn't exist.

Forum Member

If the Air Force doesn't exist, who are all those fat guys with patches all over their cammies?

Forum Member

Canadians. Doh!

BTW - I was in the Air Force, so WATCH IT!

Forum Member

Originally posted by gunnyv
    If the Air Force doesn't exist, who are all those fat guys with patches all over their cammies?
    Damn Gunny.

My brother-in-law left the Marine Corps as a Sgt. and is now a Captain in the Air Force flying on a BUFF. Says he had more fun and was happier as a Sergeant. Go figure.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Plattsfire2
    Canadians. Doh!
    Weren't they a hockey team?

Forum Member

When i think of Canadians i always think of Ned Flanders from the Simpsons, dont ask me why.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Weren't they a hockey team?
    Hockey? What's that? (Potvin sucks)
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Bones42
    Hockey? What's that? (Potvin sucks)
    "Long, long ago, in a land far, far away..."

Potvin sucks.

Forum Member

BTW - I was in the Air Force, so WATCH IT!

Isn't that the Air Farce?

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Thread Information