Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Amdor Roll-up Doors

Our new light rescue was just delivered and it is not equipped with doors that I am familiar with. In our spec, were required the roll-up doors to be built by ROM. But, appearently during the build process, the builder called our administator and sold him on the Amdor brand. We are NOT happy with his decision. What I am asking for is does anyone on here know about these doors? Will the hold up, have you had problems, what is the price difference compared to ROM???? The truck has many, many other problems, but this is the only part I couldn't find an answer to. None of us have ever heard of Amdor. Thanks in advance!!
    I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Forum Member

Cool roll ups

I had never heard of this door until recently when our dealer sent one of their reps to talk to me about their product. We have had ROM doors for a long time but had some troubles with them or it could be the installation by the manufactures. Anyway, I was impressed with the AMDOR product and I am considering having our next units spec'd with this product. They seemd to have a much heavier duty extrusion and less problematic door track system. Try www.amdor.com If its new or different I'll look, investigate and if the service is good I'll try it. Keep it safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

We prefer the Dover roll ups. Know of prblems with the Roms's racking when you try to open or shut them.

Forum Member

Phoenix spec'd amdor on all of their new alfs. I worked for the dealership and must say after working on rom and ai doors the amdor is by far the best. i actually had them spec'd on our new trucks this year. check them out call the company and talk to the rep call phoenix az fd and find out what they think about them. jeff

Post Amdor Pricing?

Can anyone tell me how the Amdor product is priced as compared to the ROM doors. Thanks for the input so far!!

Forum Member

Not knowing for sure the last i heard they compared to rom and dover. I do know that i had one problem with a door getting stuck and the tech i talked to told me some tricks to free it up. when i called him back he was in the process of getting plane tickets to phoenix to come out and repair it. it later was found to be a screw head that was hanging on the foot in the track. replace the screw with proper type and no problems since. the thing that impressed me was their willingness to fly to az and repair it on the spot. also the fact that the door has a stamped number on the inside so if you need parts or complete door call them with the number and they know what it is size wise etc. good luck let us know what you decide jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

I had a vendor tell me that they use them exlcusively if their customer wants the roll-up's painted. He said that the Amdor takes paint MUCH better than the ROM. Did you guys call for painted roll-up's in your spec?

Angry Amdors

No, we did not ask for them to be painted. We have a great many things that we asked for though and did not get. Several of our members are very unhappy with the quality and build of the body and that many of the items that were in our spec, did not make it on the truck. The company seemed to go out of its way to not meet our spec. Also, since the two administrators who went to take final delivery of the truck had NO F***ING clue what the were doing, it would seem that we are stuck with the pile of cr*p!!! Oh what a bad experience.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just saw a demo of Amdor's product before reading this thread, and I must say that I was quite impressed. I liked the construction and strength of the shutters, as well as their paint process (as mentioned above).

Unless I hear any strongly negative feedback, I think that we will change our specs to Amdor instead of ROM. Thanks to those who have already responded - any other experiences?

P.S. - Sales rep (take it for what it's worth) claims they are comparably priced to other leading brands.

Thread Information