MembersZone Subscriber

Default We maintained our class "1"

Hi everyone. The city of Baton Rouge was rated again. We maintained our Class "1" ISO rating. The dept scored higher this time over last. The water company lost 1/2 a point.
    Last edited by Acklan; 06-11-2005 at 02:54 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Acklan...Congratulations! Saw the story on the news the other night...like the story said, based on the numbers you guys just might have the best fire department in the nation (no offense to everyone else out there, but FYI, Baton Rouge is one of only 48 class 1 departments in the nation (if I recall correctly), was the first Class 1 department in the nation (1980), and has maintained its class 1 rating for longer than any other department (25 years and counting)!

About time Louisiana gets recognized for doing something RIGHT!

The dept scored higher this time over last.
    Can you get better than "1"?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah its pretty sweat. Looks like another 5 yrs of grins. I retire in 2010 so this was my last one . I have seen you post but I did not notice you were local. Went you are in BR call me we can do lunch ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like a plan...I'm partial to the Pastime

Where in town is Engine 6 located?

I work across the river in Plaquemine....I'm in Emergency Services at one of the chemical plants there (the big one, starts with a "D" )

You planning on going to the State Firemen's Convention next month? I've noticed Baton Rouge usually doesn't have much of a turnout (if at all), unless it's being held in Baton Rouge. Ever been?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by dmleblanc
    Sounds like a plan...I'm partial to the Pastime

Where in town is Engine 6 located?

I work across the river in Plaquemine....I'm in Emergency Services at one of the chemical plants there (the big one, starts with a "D" )

You planning on going to the State Firemen's Convention next month? I've noticed Baton Rouge usually doesn't have much of a turnout (if at all), unless it's being held in Baton Rouge. Ever been?
    I'm at Gus Young Ave @ N.38th ST Engine 6.

I am over in that neck of the woods reg. My bud live on River Rd in Brusly.

I sort like Albasha's. Do you like Greek?

MembersZone Subscriber

Y'know, I've never tried Greek before....Where's that?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by dmleblanc
    Y'know, I've never tried Greek before....Where's that?
    Heaven . My treat when we meet. I like Albasha's on Bluebonnet next to Cadillac Café.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Ack,

You wouldn't happen to be the B shift Captain at 6 would you? I'm on A shift came out of the last rookie class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SmittyBR
    Hey Ack,

You wouldn't happen to be the B shift Captain at 6 would you? I'm on A shift came out of the last rookie class.
    Yep. I go back at 06:00 hrs. 6/18

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe I should address you as Captain then I worked opposite you guys when you made those two fires back to back(N43rd & N45th I believe). I took the photos of the first one that morning and we relieved you that next morning. Worked the next shift and haven't been back to 6 since. I have to say it's one of the stations I'd rather go to. But lately I've been seeing a lot of the east side.It's good to see that someone else from the BRFD is on here. As for Greek food, Atcha Bakery on the corner of Nicholson & Aster is the best. Its a dive, but well worth it!
    BRFD Eng. 1

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SmittyBR
    Maybe I should address you as Captain then I worked opposite you guys when you made those two fires back to back(N43rd & N45th I believe). I took the photos of the first one that morning and we relieved you that next morning. Worked the next shift and haven't been back to 6 since. I have to say it's one of the stations I'd rather go to. But lately I've been seeing a lot of the east side.It's good to see that someone else from the BRFD is on here. As for Greek food, Atcha Bakery on the corner of Nicholson & Aster is the best. Its a dive, but well worth it!
    You need to switch shifts and come on down to the "War Wagon" on B shift. Yeah those stations out east only turn about 1500 or 1600 calls a year. We spent 12 hours on May 23 at the school fire. I know the store. It's just north of the LSU gates. Hope to share a cup of coffee soon.

Forum Member

Congrats on keeping the Class 1.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by cellblock
    Congrats on keeping the Class 1.
    Thank you

MembersZone Subscriber

The word is we just passed our rating, and kept our class 1 rating. Sweet!
    Down side is our budget was cut $2,000,000 for 2011.

I love to bump a topic with good news.

Truckie

Congrats on the rating!! Job well done, Skipper!
    As far as the budget cuts, no worries! If you are anything like like St. Paul, you added 2 librarians, ot for parks department, and $300,000 for flowers on the blvd...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Thread Information