Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Anyone use a jumbo siamese?

Hello...I'm asking if anyone here who uses LDH for rural relay operations uses a jumbo siamese. My thinking is that our first pumper leaves the 5" with jumbo siamese at the end of the driveway (long driveways are common in our district), with the next pumper hooking up to the siamese and pumping to the LDH, with another pumper (or tanker) hooking into the other one to keep a constant water supply. I saw something like this on the Mechanicsville MD website (x/c they use the HuMat Valve)...does the operation that I'm speaking of work?

Thanks, Tim

Make sure it's a clappered siamese

We do a similar layout but with three inch. Our reasoning? If you had a long enough lay of LDH up the driveway, that's a LOT of water sitting in that hose that you won't get initially. Five inch is something like a gallon a foot for capacity, right?

Not saying it won't work for you, but we don't have the big water there that fast, so the water in our tanks is what we need to use NOW and not put it into our hose lay...

Everyone's tactics are different, as well as their response area. A supply engine will pump into that 3 inch going to the attack engine. If we need more water, then someone gets to drag another 3" line back to the attack engine. Our rural water attacks will almost always be on a single family house, and we might have a few barns left to deal with...

We do the exact same thing with 5" and big momma clappered siamese. Drop it at the top of the driveway or an intersection, whichever is convinient and everyone can hook up to that. Tanker is second due so they are the first ones to hook up.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

yes we use a ldh clappered siamese. it works good for our intended purpose. its doropped at the start of a lay and then tankers can supply line until more ldh is on the road.

Forum Member

FYI, I've got a 5"x5"x5" for sale. No clappers, but with the price being asked you can buy a valve. Also, included is 25' of 5" LDH. Interested, email me directly at resqman@asheboro.com.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Dont have any LDH siamese, but we do have a 5" storz to 2.5" NST gated wye's on all our rigs.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Thread Information