Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up It's ours.................

Originally posted by BC79er
    I can't remember whose truck but I did see one with the front inlet just straight out of the front bumper to get rid of those 2-90s for more volume too. Hmmmm. Might have to break out the CAD program.

Go to www.gdvfd18.com It's our 2004 Pierce. It's not a new idea with us though, all of our pumpers since 1969 have avoided Swivels and Risers, with the pipe coming straight out through the cab. No Problems, works great. BTW, ALL bends in the pipes are a MAX of 45 degrees.......

Special Attention: BOU.... recent studies have shown that the trend to placing the discharge connections AWAY from the "Normal" Engineers position is a plot by MiniMe to get you to walk around more....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

FH Mag/.com Contributor

That could have been it Harve, it was a recent delivery truck I looked at somewhere in the past few months. It looks like the connection is in front of the bumper in that one hydrant shot down the page, is it?

I saw someone else's had it recessed back a little, behind the frame rails in case a wingnut hit something it wouldn't bend the pipe. There was about 12" of clearance in the section for ease of attaching the hose since it was recessed. That's the one I was thinking of. Oh well, guess I'll have to kill the day at work surfing the internet again to find it, tis a rough job but someone has to do it.

Forum Member

D.C. Has the bumper level front suctions with some good photos on the "unoffical" web site.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

That would make sense, I crawled over some of their new rigs when I was at Pierce last year, and this year.

Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah, Right!........

Originally posted by BC79er

Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most.

Tell me about it. Me Too..... BTW, Everyone Stay Safe and Have a Good Weekend, I'm off to the Maryland State Firemens Association Convention in Ocean City. Be back in about a week. Anyone between NY, Norfolk Va, and Pittsburg, drop on down. It's like the Expo in Baltimore, except everything is Free........ (No Admission to get into anything).......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information