Forum Member

Default Dell computer - $200 each, new from Dell - Expired

If anyone is in need of an inexpensive computer, here is one hell of a deal.

Slickdeals

Dell

Dell Home has the Dimension 2400 2.4GHz Celeron Desktop for $200. You'll have to buy 2 to get free shipping. Decent system for the parents & relatives. Thanks bluedevils.

1. Click here.
    2. Select the "No monitor [subtract $50]" option.
    3. Add to cart.
    4. Remove the printer by changing the qty for the system to 5 and update total. The printer will be gone and you can change the qty back.
    5. Price will be $200. Order 2 for free shipping.

Specs:
    XP Home
    2.4 GHz Celeron 400 MHz FSB
    256 MB DDR SDRAM @ 400 MHz
    80 GB UATA 7200RPM HD
    CD-RW
    no monitor
    Dell A215 speakers
    90-day warranty, 90-day at-home service

I think the deal expired just recently. You have to be quick!

Last edited by jerrygarcia; 06-14-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Forum Member

Jerry,
    Yeah, it's a good cheap computer, but remember you are getting what you pay for.

also keep in mind Intel Celerons are horrible processors. I think they were described as a "suped up Pentium II" by an IT friend of mine. I have had nothing but problems with them at work, and they tend to be slower and run hotter (remember, heat is bad in computer world) than their higher quality brothers. something to keep in mind.

if you want a cheap computer, this looks like a good deal. It won't be top of the line, and it won't be lightning fast. but if you won't be running more than one app at a time, or doing any heavy work on your computer, this might be a good deal.

just my $0.02
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

You needed to look at the deal a little closer then. It is a socket 478, hence it could be upgraded with a Pentium IV and more memory to make it a screamer for under $300. I think it has expired since my post.

Forum Member

hmm, in that case, I might pick one up for me and another for a friend of mine

thanks for the info, I'll check it out later tonight.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information