Thread: EMS Grants

MembersZone Subscriber

Default EMS Grants

Just wondering if anyone from an EMS facility has recieved the Q's or 1199a yet, or is it just FDs so far??

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything, been wondering the same thing myself.

Forum Member

Thought it was just me!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Standlaone EMS/Rescue Funding

We worked with roughly 115 departemnts this year and quite few were EMS/Rescue. I just polled all of them and NONE of the EMS/Rescue have their prelims or 1199A forms but, 20 of our FDs have theirs already. My guess is this: SInce this was the first year they allowed EMS/Rescue into the program, there was alot of "negative" feedback from fire services who believed it was "infringing" on their territory and money.

I believe they are going to have the first several rounds be FDs only and then start intermingling the EMS/Rescue in with the funding awrad rounds so as not to create any more grumblings form the FDs, or as little as possible.

KB Chief Grants

Forum Member

Thumbs up

TEMS Joint Ambulance District received the eight questions and the 1199A on June 7th. We service the City of Toronto, Villages of Empire and Stratton, Knox Township and part of Island Creek Township in Jefferson County, Ohio. We are requesting $39,188 in funding for personal protective equipment. The total project cost to outfit all 30 of our EMS personnel is $41,250, which includes pants, coats, boots, helmets, and gloves. We would contribute $2,062 from our current budget to complete the financing for the project.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

If you want to talk about infringing -- the Senate voted on an amendment in the DHS budget the other day -- move $50 million from AFG to SAFER for FY 06 giving SAFER $115 million -- you would think they would want to see how this year's program went before just "shifting" millions...

``For necessary expenses for programs authorized by the Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974 (15 U.S.C. 2201 et seq.), $615,000,000, of which $500,000,000 shall be available to carry out section 33 (15 U.S.C. 2229) and $115,000,000 shall be available to carry out section 34 (15 U.S.C. 2229a) of such Act, to remain available until September 30, 2007: Provided, That not to exceed 5 percent of this amount shall be available for program administration.''

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...JJynE:e204583:
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Forum Member

Congratulations Clark! Nice job.

STILL DOING IT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS!!!!!

Forum Member

Default EMS grant

We are an EMS agency (non- fire company)- we got our 10 questions in the end of May, 1199 was received on June 14th, and then the e-mail confirmation from the 1199 referenced "award" number rather than "application" number. I have not talked to any other stand alone EMS agency that is the same place that I am- everybody feels that I am in pretty good position. I applied for a new ambulance ($104,000.00). Is there anybody else heard anything on applying for EMS/ ambulance replacement?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Orangebuster thanks; I'm always looking for ways to better my community and department.

Thread Information