Default Job hunting in AZ

Looking for fire department related jobs in the Phoenix area!! Retiring after 22 years as an Air Force firefighter with the last 9 years working in the Training and Asst Chief of Operations area. Current certs include: Fire Officer III, Instructor III, Fire Inspector II, Haz-mat IC, Haz-Mat Technician, On-Scene Commanders course. Extensive experience in training and evaulation of military fire departments throughout the Air Force.....easily transfers over to evaluation and training of civilian counterparts. Limited experience in Fire Inspector functions but eager to learn and catches on quickly. Would love to be in AZ but not limiting myself to that State. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK,
    You have a computer so go to mapquest.com. Pull up a map of the city of Phoenix. Now, zoom out the view a few times, it won't take long until every city North of Casa Grande and South of Sedona is visible. Write down the names of all those cities and then do a Google search with the city name and "Fire Department" i.e. "Tempe Fire Department". Every city but a couple have websites with a wealth of hiring info, most have specific times and dates even. That will tell you the "When's", the "How's" is a whole other ball o' wax!
    I don't think you will have too hard of a time if you are willing to relocate to any area.
    Others in here will chime in with some "How to get hired" kinda stuff. Listen to it, practice it, and I bet you will be a (civilian)firefighter before you know it.
    Don't give up!
    KC

www.eatstress.com is a great source of "How to get hired" stuff.
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Thanks.....I do know that Scottsdale is hiring in 2006. I emailed the city manager and they didn't know of a hiring date yet. I'm 41 and really wasn't sure that cities wanted someone my age ( as a new recruit ) until I was in Iraq this year from Jan to May with some Troy New York firefighters who are AF National Guard. The one guy told me that not all departments are looking for young 20 yr olds anymore like I had always thought. I"m in good shape but need to start getting ready for the physical tests. I have your website on my favorites and will read all the info.......thanks!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh, that's not my website. It's a guy who goes by Capt. Bob who runs it. He helps alot of folks on this website and others. I just find the information given on his site very useful in alot of career fields, not just firefighting.
    I wouldn't worry a lot about your age. It doesn't work in your favor as much as say age 31 maybe would, but there have been plenty of people hired at thet age. Just don't wait much longer.
    Good Luck!
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Permanently Removed

Ok- Arizona or anywhere else. The best place to find fire jobs
    is at-

www.firecareers.com
    www.firerecruit.com

Permanently Removed

Here ya go. I know the Chief. Steve is a super nice guy.

Agency: Regional Fire Rescue (Open until filled)
    Position: STRUCTURAL FIREFIGHTER II (Seasonal)
    Final Filing Date: Friday, July 22, 2005
    Salary: $7.50-$11.25 per hour
    Requirements: Must have NWCG FF-II (S-130/S-190). No experience necessary, will train. Must relocate to Casa Grande, AZ.
    Immediate Openings: 1
    Expected Openings :
    Written:
    Physical:
    Interviews:
    Dept. Type : Combination
    Population:
    Number of Personnel: 5 Fulltime
    To Apply: This position will remain open until filled. Apply ASAP. Apply at Regional Fire & Rescue, 7951 West McCartney Rd, Casa Grande, AZ 85222, Attn: Lt. Jerry Derring (520)723-4680, or Fax resume to (520)723-4681..
    F.D. / City Web Site:
    Announced By: Careers in the Fire Service

Thread Information