Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question E-One Canada Closing?

Has anyone heard rumor of the E-One Canada operations closing and moving to Ocala, FL? I heard they are starting to close the operations down and sending some of the people to the other facility.

Is this just rumor or are they trying to consolidate and save money? If that is the case, will the product be the same?

Forum Member

Havent heard a thing - just recieved specs on a new pumper from them last week. From what I understand they will have 3 trucks for the Red Deer fire fighter challenge. Might be a good time to ask the rep!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Cool ANOTHER Pump?

Originally posted by Dave404
    Havent heard a thing - just recieved specs on a new pumper from them last week. From what I understand they will have 3 trucks for the Red Deer fire fighter challenge. Might be a good time to ask the rep!
    Eh Dave. You guys must have got Cody cheap if you can afford another pump! Give him a noogie for me and call Trev an ugly, hateful redneck if you don't mind. Let him know Paul Martin said "Give Peace a Chance," and then muttered something about gay rights.
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Train Hard, Fight Easy

Forum Member

We dont look at it as "buying" a new pump, more of upgrading existing equipment Cody- well cant complain about what you get out of a box of cracker jacks!
    Next time your down you can call Trev all the names you want - in the end you get to leave, I dont!

I heard that you were a bit of a push-over... from Trev himself! So you decide hehe.

Sounds good- take care of business however you need to to preserve employment. Hey... there's always FREMS...
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Train Hard, Fight Easy

Forum Member

Hey now easy Mcleod - you know the way FREMS hires even you could get a job!

I'm telling Meek you said that- you can expect an *** kicking poste haste!
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Train Hard, Fight Easy

Forum Member

NOT MEEK!! That would be like being flogged by wet noodles

Default NOT CLOSING

NO E-ONE CANADA / SUPERIOR EMERGENCY IS NOT CLOSING!

Some admistrative work it being shifted, The plant will continue to build apparatus.

From the Red Deer Advocate,

A major Red Deer manufacturer with a 32-year history in the city is cutting staff.
    E-One Canada Ltd., which builds fire-fighting and rescue vehicles, plans to move some of its functions south to its American headquarters in Ocala, Fla. Pete Mateja, general manager at the Red Deer facility, estimated that the plant would lose 10 to 15 per cent of its payroll, which currently stands at about 170.
    Mateja said the local positions being moved involve sales administration, service and warranty work, and contract administration.
    The first two functions will likely move within the next 30 days, he said, with contract administration to follow sometime thereafter.
    Some of the displaced workers will be moved into vacant positions at the Red Deer operation, he said.
    E-One, which is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation, is also rationalizing" its production, said Mateja. Previously, different styles of pumpers were manufactured in Red Deer and Ocala, E-One's primary manufacturing operations.
    We're consolidating down to one style of pumper with a Canadian package," he said.
    And in the future, orders will be manufactured at the location designated by E-One's Ocala office.
    Asked about rumours that E-One plans to close its Red Deer plant, Mateja said a decision of that magnitude would have been disclosed.
    If there's any rumours on plant closure of any sort, it's got to go through the (Federal Signal Corporation) board, and if it goes through the board it's public knowledge."
    Mateja noted that the situation could always change in the future.
    Down the road, I can't guarantee anything. We're like any company. You've got to deliver the results."
    E-One's Red Deer facility has had a tough time hiring the workers it needs, said Mateja.
    We're struggling for people like any industrial manufacturer in the Red Deer area," he said, acknowledging a link between this situation and the loss of some work to E-One's other plants.
    It's got some bearing upon it."
    Mateja said the Red Deer facility is currently dealing with a nine- to 12-month manufacturing backlog, depending on the product.
    The strong Canadian dollar, which has adversely affected manufacturers that export products into the United States, has also impacted the Red Deer plant, Mateja said.
    E-One's Red Deer facility operated as Superior Emergency Equipment Ltd. until it was purchased by Federal Signal Corporation in 1991.
    Its presence in the city dates back to 1973.
    By HARLEY RICHARDS
    Advocate business editor

Report this post to a

Forum Member

Thanks for the clarification 22

No problem, glad to set it straight, I've worked at E-One / Superior for 11yrs, We'll be here for quite a while yet.

Thread Information