Forum Member

Cool 2005 National Exploring Conference Thoughts

For those Explorers/Posts that attended the National Fire/Emergency Services Exploring Conference in College Station Texas, I would like to hear your thoughts on the conference. Be sure to fill out your critques. Thats the only way it will get better.

Forum Member

the whoe expierence was awsome

the traning field was top notch. awsome live burn demos

the food could of been better.

but over all it was a blast.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

The TEEX complex was state of the art. You couldn't have asked for anything better.
    The sleeping quarters could have been better.
    The food was terrible.

I believe the TEEX staff was on top of there game. It was the Learning-for-Life Staff that dropped the ball.

I truly think Emmittsburg was a lot better. Through this truly was a great experience in Texas.
    I give Emittsburg 5 stars. Texas A&M 0000000000000000 stars.

Forum Member

The dorms sucked. (anyone else wake up with peices of ceiling on them?) Buildings are in need of some serious work.

The gentleman in the registration office was very helpful finding us stuff our rooms were missing.

Food left something to be desired. It would have been nice to have a changing menu from day to day.

The training field was sweet. Never seen anything like it. Would have liked to spend more time in Disaster City.

There weren’t enough time slots to accommodate the everyone who wanted to do the individual events. I couldn’t get into any of them.

The student center was nice to have.

I still like the campus of the NFA much, much better. It was
    CLEAN, not falling apart, CLEAN, and had an awesome cafeteria.

Forum Member

Unhappy yeah...

I heard it wasnt that good...no live fire or anything for the explorers! Our post just held an explorer fire school, and i heard that ours was longer, cheaper and we had live fire drills for all the kids including LP and it was we got shirts, hats, waterbottles, and gear bags!
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

MembersZone Subscriber

new to Exploring - never heard of the conference - how often is it held? is there a date/place for the next one?

Forum Member

Originally posted by Tonyg26
    new to Exploring - never heard of the conference - how often is it held? is there a date/place for the next one?
    Its held every two years the week before the 4th of July. I have not heard to where the next one is going to take place.

Thread Information