Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Candidate Test for Entry-Level Firefighters

Hello y'all from TN! I am currently in the middle of some serious and stressful studying for my first upcoming Entrance Exam. From what I have heard so far we have to make at least a 90 or better to even be considered. I test next week and am studying very hard. We are given the 131 page 7th edition Candidate Test Preparation Manual for Entry-Level Firefighters put out by FSI (Firefighter Selection, Inc.) So far I've read it three times. I decided to go hunting for a practice exam and found that they do in fact offer a seventy question exam online for 15 bucks.
    http://www.fireselection.com/onlinetests.html
    I thought that was a bit pricey, but I went ahead and paid it because I want to see what I will be facing. I am incredibly glad I did. I made a 78. Yikes! A lot of the questions covered a lot of the irrelevant statistics that I had not paid any attention to and now I am going to go back and memorize them all. I am assuming that ours is not the only city that uses the FSI exam, so I wanted to post this to let anyone who is in the same boat that if you want to know what is on the test just shoot me an email. I took lots of notes.

jmshiraef@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Try the good folks a www.fireprep.com. They have study guides for that very edition.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've also taken this test several times. If you know your stuff as far as firefighting, you'll be fine. Everything in there is factual. That is with the 8th edition. Just relax and take the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many questions are on the 8th edition test?

Thread Information