Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More ebay

MembersZone Subscriber

Default More ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...525291275&rd=1

Notice he says this is a personal picture of the previous owner at WTC, but why is the helmet blue in the picture and the ones up for bid is orange?

Forum Member

I think the best part about the whole thing is that there have been 5 bids, and it's only at $12.54. Personally, I might get in on this, I need a helmet like that for my SAR stuff, and that's the cheapest I've seen them yet! Just clean all of that BS off the sides, and we're good to go...

(Just kidding about supporting this moron, btw)

Default !!!

Wasn't the jackass with the last WTC helmet from Greenville SC Too?!

Forum Member

Using a free firehouse.com email address, you can sign up for an ebay account w/ out a credit card (which is required for other fake email addresses like yahoo, etc).

You can bid it up to the reserve, then never check your email.

He pays an outrageous end of auction fee, you pay nothing, he gets stuck w/ no money at all. HA HA HA.

Originally posted by blueeighty88
    Using a free firehouse.com email address, you can sign up for an ebay account w/ out a credit card (which is required for other fake email addresses like yahoo, etc).

He pays an outrageous end of auction fee, you pay nothing, he gets stuck w/ no money at all. HA HA HA.

The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Heyyyyyy...................... ...

By George, I think he's on to something............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Originally posted by blueeighty88

Just a friendly word of caution...the FH Webteam posted during the last "helmet incident" that anyone caught doing so would be permanently banned from Firehouse.com.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

Hehe.

I really don't think he was serious

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Based on blue's own personal, nightmarish experience with ebay, I would have to agree with you. At least I would hope that is the case!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Did anyone email ebay and express concern. It seems that worked the last time and they made the person remove it. I do not condone making money off the misfortunes of our fallen brothers and the others that passed that day.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Default yeah

I reported it to ebay last sunday. It didn't get removed but the bidding ended without it hitting the reserve. I guess it never sold. It will probably reappear in the future.

Default Lost 9/11 Prybar Found On Ebay

November 27, 2005 -- A firefighting tool that disappeared from a Bronx firetruck at Ground Zero on Sept. 11 has been returned after an eagle-eyed captain spotted the device for sale on eBay. Capt. Joe Principio of Ladder Co. 58 on East Tremont Avenue saw the prying bar, called a Halligan tool, being auctioned in May — and quickly notified fire marshals. "I recognized it immediately," said Principio. "We had spot-welded '58' on the forked portion."
    The marshals contacted the seller, a volunteer firefighter in Florida who had posted three photos of the bar and wanted a minimum bid of $1,000, but the seller knew nothing about how the tool had vanished. The seller also volunteered to return it after he heard what had happened. "The guy was cooperative," said Principio. "He ended up sending it back at his expense."
    Nicknamed the "universal key" for its ability to punch through or pry open almost any kind of barrier, the Halligan tool — designed by ex-First Deputy Fire Commissioner Hugh Halligan in the 1940s — is perhaps the most common device used in rescue and firefighting. It costs about $100. Every firehouse in the city has at least one. Ladder 58's Halligan tool disappeared Sept. 11 from the side of its truck after the company responded to the World Trade Center attack. "Our rig was stripped," said Principio. "Most of our equipment was gone."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40