Forum Member

Post I resigned today....

I resigned from the department today, so I felt the need to delete my previous message in which I was trying to promote the department and recruit help for the department. Thank you to each and every one of you that contacted me publicly and privately to offer suggestions.
    Warm regards,
    Sheri
    Last edited by sheri45601; 07-02-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Forum Member

This truly is tragic, but it's happening everywhere. We have 28 people on our EMS roster, but not all of them show up or run calls. We are fortunate though in that we pay part time paramedics during the day for coverage. As for the night we are all paid volunteers on a per call basis or a flat rate if no calls are received.
    It is very hard to get people to volunteer for anything. With other commitments such as work family or whatever there is not enough time in the day. I, however, would do it for free... I love this job... however, free doesn't pay my bills. I guess I'm pretty lucky by getting paid. Good luck to you and your department I hope recruitment goes well for you.

Forum Member

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by sheri45601; 07-02-2005 at 09:37 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you considered asking potential volunteers who live out of the area to sign up for specific hours of the day and then remain in the area or at the station?
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Forum Member

I give up......
    Last edited by sheri45601; 07-02-2005 at 09:37 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sheri, Have you guys thought about a live in program? Do you have or could you build the facilities to support something like that?
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

One of the departments close to us runs ems paid on call. Helped them bring up their roster. They do not bill residents in their township, unless they have insurance. They bill people that are outside of their that may be in town. They have an outside billing company that takes care of all the paper work and head aches that go with it. Do not know if that would help. Your crew is doing a great job of taking care of your community. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things look up soon.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Last edited by sheri45601; 07-02-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by fireguy919
    One of the departments close to us runs ems paid on call. Helped them bring up their roster. They do not bill residents in their township, unless they have insurance. They bill people that are outside of their that may be in town. They have an outside billing company that takes care of all the paper work and head aches that go with it. Do not know if that would help. Your crew is doing a great job of taking care of your community. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things look up soon.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Last edited by sheri45601; 07-02-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Thread Information