Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Making money off of 9/11...

Does this seem kinda wrong?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

Very poor taste, take a look where it's made! I forgot how bad they must feel for the 343+ all the civilians that died. Not a chance I would buy one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Playing devils advocate.....

How is that dust mask in anymore poor taste than any of this stuff?

http://www.nycwebstore.com/category3...earch&iLevel=1

or this...

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.cfm?cID=182

None of the profit goes to 9/11 charities.......yet a lot of us have a sticker or two on our helmets or a 9/11 t shirt, so is it not a bit hypocritical to say that a company or has poor taste for marketing 9/11, yet you have the above mentioned stickers?

Same with those stupid support the troops ribbon stickers you see everywhere. All your doing is making some schmoe richer and there made in China anyway. Send the whole $5 or what ever they cost to the Red Cross or something similar so the troops can get something they can use.

And yes, I only own one 9/11 sticker......and I know the profit went to charity.
    Last edited by stm4710; 06-28-2005 at 02:50 PM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

IMHO the difference is subtle but important. In the two links you supplied the majority of items are for rememberance. They say "We won't forget the ultimate sacrifice made by our fellow countrymen." That stupid filter is just a generic filter with the Twin Towers in the back so that people can remember the fear of that day, and i guess those stupid marketers thought that it was a good idea. I have 9/11 shirts, stickers, decals etc. and although the money may go to a manufacturer, I also donated to the various funds, etc. To me, its worth a couple bucks in the pocket of some sticker manufacturer to be able to remind every person who sees my helmet, my shirt, or my car sticker of a tragic event that in the few years since its occurance is ALREADY becoming an abused symbol. Thats the difference.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Well put, Adam.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Hmm....I'm going to make a suggestion to the company for a new picture....one of people during the SARS epidimic that had to wear masks. When they reply with an angry email, I ask them if they now realize their mistake....

If I remember correctly, the same "product" appeared back in late 1993. Funny how people get worked up over some stupid picture cropping.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information