Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Obtaining Jobs in Middle East

I was just wondering if there is anybody out there who could point me in the right direction with some info on how to get a job with a contractor ie. Halliburton or Wackenhut overseas in the Middle East. I was an AF firefighter for 7 years and recently separated and am working as a car salesman and it's just not cutting it. I would like to go over there for a year, but can't seem to get a response from anybody on how to get info or how to apply. Anybody's input would be helpful, thanks

Steve
    Goldsboro NC
    firemanbutch@yahoo.com

Question

What is wrong with putting in applications in this country?

If, as you say, you have 7 years of air force firefighting, you may have an edge over some one who has no experience.

They are fire departments, in NC, VA and other states that are accepting applications and giving tests for the position of Firefighter.

I would look into this first, unless you just want to got over seas and work.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Default Info

Try:
    Wackenhut Services
    2001 Pennsylvania Ave
    Suite 275
    Washington DC 20006
    202-557-3680
    Hope this helps?

Forum Member

We have a few threads on the topic. Try typing in "Iraq" and see what you get. The older one is quite a few pages back. It was full of info but got shut down because of too many people that would become members just to bitch. The newer one is usually on this first page.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default KBR and WSI

Folks have already given you infro on WSI. Check Halliburton.com Then KBR jobs Go to Logistics and look for listings. If your ex mil ff that is what they are looking for.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default CaptOldTimer

I have applied for fire positions in this country. The town that I applied in first, I was passed over for two black males with 0 experience. The next two positions were filled by on black male with 0 experience and one white male who's daddy was a NC Highway patrolman and friends with the fire chief. I have applied to several departments and am awaiting test dates. Trust me, I would much rather stay here in the states and work, and not leave my family behind for a year. But the money is very inticing. To be able to go overseas for one year and come home to no bills and a nice nest egg. One year isn't a very long time in the whole scheme of things. What department are you with, and what state is it in?

Forum Member

Default wsi in iraq

good luck when you get to iraq- they dont tell you the real stuff. you most likely will not get the proper fitting turnouts if even you get any and u wont get a fit test

Thread Information