Question Class A Uniforms

Our department has not had Class A Dress Uniforms in many, many years. Can someone point me in the right direction to find information about suppliers of dress uniforms? Thank you in advance.

Forum Member

Galls.com, 911 safety equipment (911se.com), first precinct. The last two are located in PA, but might be able to get you started. Good luck,

Early Adopter

Thumbs up Lighthouse Uniforms

Check out Lighthouse Uniforms. They seem to run a very tight ship and produce a very professional product. Our chief currently uses them for his full dress uniform. If we can ever get our members interested, they will most likely be the company we select.

Additionally, Lighthouse has a Fallen Firefighter program. They will provide a full dress uniform for any firefighter killed in the line of duty at no charge (except for shipping). For departments without any uniform or departments without full dress uniforms, this is an excellent program that can be helpful during a very difficult time. I think it shows Lighthouse's commitment to the fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber

go local... theres gotta be a place close to you that does uniforms for fire and police.

ask other dept's where they go and then bring it up in a meeting, but have some info on what they will cost per and maybe some fund raising ideas to get the funds if dept deosnt have it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our dept. uses Lighthouse for our dress uniforms.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

spyonline is right on, Yes you could go with a national "mail order" company and get them for a few bucks cheeper. If you go local you can get your member properly fitted for the Class A uniform. I would highly recomend this you want the uniforms to fit properly and a local uniform company will have people who can come out and see everyone gets the best fit possible. Also as new members come and sizes change there will be a local place to make the needed changes.

Also take the time to investiagte how you want your uniforms to look. Do you want each rank to appear different, show years of service. Not sure what area you are from but if you have a large metro dept close by or another dept with Class A uniforms take the time to talk to them. Get ready for a big expence.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Station2Capt has some good points on having a place near you and talking to area depts.
    When we sent our original order into Lighthouse, they noticed some of the measurements seemed off. You see we had all gone to various local tailors to get measurements, so we ended up all going to Men's Warehouse(a local suit shop) and got the measurements. The uniforms we received then fit very well for being mail order.
    I believe Lighthouse recommends that all ranks are in white shirts. However our dept. SOPs are that Officers in white and F/Fs in Lt. Blue.
    Just a lil' more info. for you.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

I would recoomend having it done locally if the prices are competitive with mail order. You can send your personnel for custom measurements (or possibly have them come to you on a drill night, etc). There is something to be said for the the advantages of local service and keeping your money in the local economy.

Early Adopter

Another important point to consider is the fabric used. If a company offers generic navy blue, will the uniform you order today match the new pair of pants you have to buy five years from now?

Not all navy blues are alike. (For instance, our Class B uniform shirts don't match our pants.) Lighthouse sells black uniforms to insure color matching.

Thread Information