Forum Member

Default Flagler Beach Chief Resigns

Flagler Beach fire chief resigns

Staff Report

Last update: June 29, 2005

FLAGLER BEACH -- After only two months on the job, Flagler Beach Fire Chief Charles Burnett has resigned.
    He gave the City Commission his letter of resignation Friday, saying that relocating his family from the Ocala area would create a hardship.

His letter thanked the city for the support and welcome given to him. His resignation becomes effective July 5. He did not return a call seeking comment Tuesday.

Burnett, 55, replaced Jon Macdonald on April 18. Macdonald left in October for another fire department two months after writing a letter to city leaders expressing his concerns about last year's budget cuts to fire equipment, supplies, training and an additional firefighter.

After working for Ocala Fire Rescue from 1978 to 2003, Burnett later became an administrator with the Bureau of Fire Standards at Florida State Fire College.

District Chief

Wonder if he will go back to the Fire College?????

His replacement Bill DePauw has resigned to take a Training Job in St. Augustine at their Academy.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information