+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up The Big Road Trip

Well guys, time is coming real short here. My last day of work is Thursday, followed by an office BBQ at noon hour. (Yep we keep Bankers hours here LOL)

Then starting on Monday through till sometime Thursday next week, the movers and packers will be in. Once they all load and head out, me 'n da Dawg will be packed and loaded and headed for the Border.

I expect to be in Seattle late in the evening on Thursday but it might not be till the afternoon of Friday. Depends on exactly when I get out of here.

After that its pretty much straight across on I90 to Cleveland, and on to I70 right into Falls Church, VA. Transit time is 7 Jul to 19 Jul.

If there's anyone out there that would like an over night visitor along the way, hit me with a PM. I'll be able to check msgs right up till Thursday when I leave. After that of course I can make no promises.

I do have a handful of t-shirts for trade, but we weren't able to get the shoulder patch order in on time.

If nothing else, I'll be back up and running again once my furniture catches up with me sometime middle/end of July.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

(Yep we keep Bankers hours here LOL
    Must be those foreign exchange rate bankers hours. You have PT in the morning, sit at your desk for 5 minutes, then go off on a bar-b-que. Must be nice.

The Border has been alerted to the impending attack from the North. I seem to remember last time the Canadians went to D.C., they left it a bit of a mess or I am in the wrong history book?

cheffie

MembersZone Subscriber

I seem to remember last time the Canadians went to D.C., they left it a bit of a mess or I am in the wrong history book?

You're right... thats why its called the "White House" now. Pink marble turns white when its been exposed to high temps (fire). But we got bored with the low % beer, and went home eheheehehehehee

**To be honest, "White House" seems more dignified than "Pink House" anyhow.

***Oh.. and no PT tomorrow - I have a few last minute things to clear up before lunch. There's rumour of a stand down for the long weekend too.....
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

On the topic of watered down American Beer, are they going to let you bring across a few cases of Canada's Finest to keep you going?

I hear our beer is outlawed down there.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking I Dunno...........................

The Beer is not outlawed, I'm not sure about Rick though....... We'll be awaiting the arrival of his entourage with great anticipation, we haven't had anything to protest against for quite sometime............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually the Embassy (were I will be quartered) has a "fully stocked" canteen. They just dont stock Kokanee (which is fine with me LOL)

**oh and its all duty free**

Forum Member

Sorry I am not in a position to offer you a night's stay in South Dakota. I-90 is 1.5 miles from my house.

One suggestion on your travel plans. Take I-29 south at Sioux Falls, SD to I-80 and then east. The drive across Minnesota and Wisconsin is more scenic but the tolls from the Illnois border to the south side of Chicago where I-90 and I-80 merge will not be enjoyed. You pay a toll every few miles. You can also miss some of the downtown Chicago traffic.

Have a safe trip

IACOJ

District Chief

You are welcome at my house....but....it would mean a detour south to the lovely hurrican state.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

you know San Fran is just a wee little hop from Seattle.

and it comes with a meal too.

Forum Member

I-70 is a bit of a stretch from here.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Well.................

You've been here, and you are welcome again. Any time. And, as they say in the Motel 6 Ad, "We'll leave the light on for ya" (with apoligies to Tom Bodet) I can imagine my safety Officer's Deer-in-the-headlights look when a set of gear from "Malahat B.C." walks by......
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Just in case you get really really badly lost, there's a spare bed down here in case you need it - but I want to be there when you explain to your new boss that you arrived late because you somehow took a wrong turn and ended up in Australia
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

55 Years & Still Rolling

Talking Yeah...........................

I want to see what his car looks like after fighting a few miles of Coral Reef as he drives in.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Hey Rick, just keep on heading East, cross the pond, then you can bunk down in 'lil ol England for a few days, before heading back...you can swim can't you?

Best of luck with the move mate, will be looking forward to hearing what its like being a foreigner for a few years!! (PS I'll trade ya a shirt when you get settled).
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

ROF-LMAO!!!! Harve, I am sure we could accomodate that "Deer-in-the-Headlights" look, if you're willing We've seen that here before, on Pfire's first run. She jumped in the Engine with the DC, who had never met her before. He never said a word to her until they were on the way back to the Stn. Then it was one of those "Who the Hell are you?" looks.

Ray, I am planning on grabbing I-90 through Rapid City, and carrying on till Sioux Falls. Then I have a run north to Minneapolis, cuz if I dont I will be a dead man.

SB, a stop to you is already planned in. The part I have not quite worked in yet is whether to come in through Cleveland (catch Da Rev on the way by) or else I'll hit Columbus, and meet Steamer. Hopefully I can convince them both to meet me 1/2 way

Forum Member

27, already starting to clean the place up for you & the pooch. Good ole American water, oops, beer, waiting in the fridge. Have a safe trip!

Forum Member

Stayback where you guys eating dinner at?
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

One thing I should add before I forget. I am in regular contact with Cheffie, so after 7 July any late comers can PM her, and she'll pass on to me.

I look forward to meeting y'all along the way.

Forum Member

If you happen to continue on I-90 too long and hit the Mass. Border, I'm about 20 minutes from there....I hope you have a safe and fun trip...
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Rick.. I'm another 2 hours beyond that, turn north on Route 495, then go east onto Route 20... my number is in the phone book
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 06-30-2005 at 07:43 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

I-90 runs right thru my town in the Giant state of Wyoming...
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

If you do happen to take I-29 south of Sioux Falls to I-80, let me know. I live about ten miles from the I-29/ I-80 interchange in Omaha. Can't say much for the night life, but we have some of the best steakhouses on the planet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by mtnfireguy
    I-90 runs right thru my town in the Giant state of Wyoming...
    I thought so. I told Rick, you were in those parts.

I'm taking notes here so I can map out a trip for him.

Forum Member

And don't forget us Northwest Ohio people....... The exit off I-80/I-90 at I-75 in Ohio is in Weruj's district and myself and PFD109NFD107, NFD159, ffsmromstadt13, Fire40man are all next door and WTFD10 is not too far also.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    And don't forget us Northwest Ohio people....... The exit off I-80/I-90 at I-75 in Ohio is in Weruj's district and myself and PFD109NFD107, NFD159, ffsmromstadt13, Fire40man are all next door and WTFD10 is not too far also.......
    You can't pass through here without stopping for some food at Tony Packo's Famous Hot Dogs....that would be a crime.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information