Thread: interview

MembersZone Subscriber

Default interview

i have passed everything. now i have an interview. what is the best way to prepare for this? so far i have the proper attire, a folder made up for each person on the board which includes all of my documents and certifications i have. what else can i do?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Practice

Practice that interview. Get online and look for the type of questions that will be asked. And don't answer like everyone else.
    The panel knows you want to help people, tell them a story that got you started into fire service. So that when they look at their list of candidates, they go: oh yeah, that was the guy that said ....... More than anything, they are attempting to determine if you will fit in with their department. By this point, they know that you can do the job.

Permanently Removed

Crock13- There is no way you will get all the needed info.
    here. Please check out this site-

www.eatstress.com

Trust me, its worth it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have a friend ask you sample questions while someone else videotapes your responses. The camera makes you act differently but also you have the opportunity to view yourself and your body languange.

Use the word "career." As in, "I want a career in the fire service" or "I truly want a career with your fire department." Let them know you are in for the long haul and not just using their department to get in the door and then leave with their training for a larger department.

Forum Member

Review all of Captbob's post and listen to the man he gives great guidance.I believe he has a website called eatstress.com.
    I am a thankful reader of his posts, because of his advice I recieved my badge for the second time five years ago. Thanks so much Captain Bob

MembersZone Subscriber

Instead of handing the interviewers a folder, hand them a one page resume that lists all of your certs etc. Something they actually have time to look at

Thread Information