WINTER HAVEN

Officials Unsure of What Caused Fire

Fire officials are not sure what caused a fire to spark in two apartments at the Lake Deer Housing Complex on Wednesday.

Shortly before 11 a.m., 20 firefighters from the Polk County and Winter Haven fire departments responded to the call at 2643 Ave. C S.W.

The fire started in the interior walls and moved into the attic, Humphrey said.

The two apartments were destroyed, but no one was injured in the fire, said Winter Haven Deputy Fire Chief Chris Humphrey.

The damage is estimated at between $75,000 to $80,000.