Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Update ...............Pemberville has an engine has a high expansion foam unit on simillar to what you used to see on "Emergency" with the fan about the size of a smoke ejoector and it put the foam through a sleeve, it is very light and fluffy type of foam. We used to have a simillar unit but we never used it. We did 8 or 9 on the engine while filling it at both 9's and 21's. Da truckies did ZERO. We got back @ 0000 this am.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

it has been burning again for about 2 hours .........we havent been called to fill in. There are 2 trucks and 6 engines out there and the SFM Command Vehicle.
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

MembersZone Subscriber

As far as I know, it's never been officially called "Under Control" yet. Sounds like they'll be there for awhile yet. They're planning on 2 engines and a truck through the night tonight.

Hope they get it completely out before the temps start climbing again tomorrow and Monday.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MOe .........I am at work now and it isnt sounding good ......they have 4 engines and 2 trucks around the clock at 4 hour intervals.....
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Originally posted by Weruj1
    MOe .........I am at work now and it isnt sounding good ......they have 4 engines and 2 trucks around the clock at 4 hour intervals.....
    Any more updates???
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

when I left @ 400 they were using an engine at draft from the mighty Maumee another engine and using truck 13..........and an extra truck.
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Default UPDATE .....................

still using the 2 ladders and 6 engines .........last report @ 1800 hours was they have gotten the temps to drop a couple of hundred degrees and are waiting to see if they stay down ........will be remaing there at least through tomorrow.
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Finally made FH.com FrontPage....... Holiday weekend probably delayed it.......

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...Id=46&id=43043
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

Talking what he said.................

Ohio Grain Elevator Still Smoldering

Updated: 07-05-2005 12:04:32 PM
    E-MAIL THIS STORY PRINT THIS STORY

Photo courtesy of WTOL News
    Smoke for the fire could was seem from miles around.

WTOL News

SOUTH TOLEDO -- Firefighters are still actively fighting the fire in a south Toledo grain elevator, more than three days after it exploded. Two explosions rocked the facililty on Friday, less than an hour after employees went home for the Independence Day holiday weekend. Firefighters have been on the scene ever since, methodically uncovering pockets of fire in the silos, and putting the out.

Toledo Fire Chief Mike Bell spoke live with News 11's Jerry Anderson on "Your Morning" on Tuesday. He said the fire was more extensive than firefighters thought. They have now found flames in the grain in 5 of the silos in the elevator. Right now, they're pouring water on the outside of the silos to cool them down. Bell says crews will need to pull some of the burning grain out of the silos, and completely extinguish the flames.

Bell also told Anderson there have been investigators on the scene from the very beginning, and they are thinking that the fire wasn't intentionally set. They expect to have an official determination of the cause of the fire in the next couple of days.

Count on News 11 to stay on top of the story as it develops.

At the height of the fire, dozens of firefighters from Toledo battled the blaze, along with foam units from the 180th Fighter Wing at Toledo Express Airport and the BP Refinery in east Toledo. The Coast Guard also sent personnel to watch the river by the fire scene.

Video from the scene showed obvious damage, twisted metal, and flames deep in the heart of the building. At least two silos had their tops blown off, and a smaller building, part of the Kuhlman complex next to the silo, also caved in.

The silo contained corn and wheat, and the fire was in the grain and also the conveyor belt system inside the elevator complex. Crews used firefighting foam because it is lighter than water, and helped smother the dust.

Related:

Grain Elevator Reignites

ē Video: Fire Chief Mike Bell Updates the Grain Elevator Fire
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

MembersZone Subscriber

Pics on IAFF Local 92's website:

http://www.iaff92.org/july_1.htm
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Still at it

They had another flare up in the conveyor belts at 0300 today...calling for an additional engine for RIT standby and a Life Squad to respond Code 3.

I know the TFRD brothers and sisters don't want to even hear the word "grain silo" anytime soon! Good job to all and stay safe.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

And they call for MA again......... 3 Structures, plus the Cargill still going on.......

Busy Busy Busy........

Plus the boys from Sylvania had a worker today........

NFD159 and some of his coworkers are in mourning..... That was a hangout of theirs.........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    Plus the boys from Sylvania had a worker today........

NFD159 and some of his coworkers are in mourning..... That was a hangout of theirs.........
    I've drank a few at Frogtown Johnnie's myself...it was a nice little dump
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Originally posted by WTFD10

I've drank a few at Frogtown Johnnie's myself...it was a nice little dump
    It's REALLY a dump now!!
    IACOJ

Thread Information