Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demographics

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Demographics

For those who have requested funding for SCBA and are celebrating success ... what are your demographics such as call volume, size of district and number of seated positions in first out trucks? I'm seeing a number of people post that they got the questions and had requested 30 packs, etc. Just trying to compare us to you to see if we overasked, which I'm afraid we did.

MembersZone Subscriber

15 square mile district
    Population 1,500
    16 seating positions

184 Total Calls Last Year

118 EMS Related
    66 Fire/10-50/etc.

Requested 16 SCBAs w/ bottle, 16 spare bottles, 20 face masks, and a compressor/cascade/fill station

$86,000 federal share

P.S. We have received the 1199A and 10 questions
    Last edited by k3twpfire; 07-05-2005 at 12:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Even though you feel you may have overasked on the amount of equipment, does not spell doom for you. More than likely the feds will reduce your award (I'll be positive here) if they believe your request is out of line.

This happened to us last year (2004). We tried to replace all of the SCBA cylinders. The feds came back (when we recieved the 10 questions) asking if we would take half the requested amount for SCBA cylinders. The rule being only one spare cylinder per SCBA. It was a no brainer, send us the money.

Unfortunately it's a waiting game for all of us waiting to hear an answer one way or the other.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thanks for the feedback

Onebugle - Thanks for the encouragement, it's needed right about now. k3twpfire - thanks for the stats and congrats on your award! We have about 60 seated positions and only asked for a pack and spare bottle. We run over 1100 fire-related calls every year and cover over 60 square miles and our current equipment is over 15 years old. We didn't ask for anything over and above the pack and spare bottle for every seated position in our first-due fleet, although the chiefs office wanted to ask for a complete inventory replacement. I had to put my foot down on that. I think we're already asking for enough. We don't need to get too greedy. I wish they would let us know quicker if we aren't going to get it. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Have you had any communications from them yet? 10 questions? 1199A? Their goal this year is to have all awards out by Sept. 30th. What are your demogrpahics, call rum etc.? It sounds like 60 packs you must have a large department and a lot of front line vehicles. Hopefully you did not count the gopher truck, brush trucks etc.

KB

Thread Information