Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default ref award # on 1199

The chief just check our app for this year and we have a ref # on our app, we were just wondering what this means if anything.
    Any info would be great.

Chris
    Kinde Area Fire Dept

Forum Member

Probably means your going shopping..

FH Mag/.com Contributor

You mean you have an 1199A link in the dropdown menu?

Just checking, from what you're asking it seems like you're saying you have a reference # on the application, which everyone has. If you have the 1199A, make sure the question email hasn't shown up yet. If so, send it back quick, otherwise hang in there it won't be long until you're in the money.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes we have an 1199 from our award the last two years. Now we have a new Ref # on it. Thought it may be good news but wanted some thoughts from the experts. Thanks

Chris
    KAFD

Forum Member

Smile

We recieved the questions with the first round that went out. I kept looking for the 1199a and it never showed up on the drop down menu. Last night I went to look at the 1199 from the grant we received in 2002 and it had the award number for 2002 and an award number for 2005. I guess we are going shopping

I went back and looked at my 1199 from 03 and 04 and it also now has the reference award number for 2005 on it. We got the questions almost a month ago...

A new round of emails with 10 qeustions and 1199A emails started going out at midnight today. Check your drop down menus in your online applications and scrutinize your email closely.

Forum Member

As with everyone else, I went back to the 1199A off the 03 Grant for our host department....there it was!!! reference to the 05 grant.

We got the ???s on 6/22

Looks like we are 100% at this point for a Regional Grant

Best of Luck to EVERYONE. Its gonna be a long hot summer

I also received the 1199A email and found the 1199A under a previous year.

Good luck to all!
    Jeremy (bigj164019) - FireFighter-I/Paramedic
    Fraternal Order of Paramedics Society
    Member Firehouse.com I.A.C.O.J. EMS Bureau

"Live for today, because yesterdays are over, and tomorrows may never come"!

Forum Member

How do you check your 1199A. We recived a grant in 2002 but it has already been closed out and there is no way to access it.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If the same username was used to enter all of the applications, then they all should be listed on the status page. Our 2002 is closed out as well but I can still look at everything.

MembersZone Subscriber sdff1520's Avatar

Just curious, at what point through the process do they update your 1199A to reflect a new award number in addition to previous awards. If we don't show 2005 ref number does that mean we have no chance at the award for 2005, or does it simply mean they havn't posted them all yet? I'm guessing the update happens about the same time the questions go out?

Rick

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They vary. The 1199 shows up usually later in the week, and is done by a different group than the 10 questions. Only 1400 so far have the link, about another 4000 to go since the total appears to be right around 5400. All will know one way or the other by the end of September so if the bad news comes, this means plenty of time to learn from this year's process and start working on next year's sooner rather than later.

After all, whether you applied or not, hopefully everyone that read the SAFER Guidelines picked up on all of the times the assessments were mentioned that everyone should have done to prove that the project was needed, right? (cough, hint, cough) Might be something to think about for other grant programs? I wonder...
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Forum Member

we also have a "ref award #".. they also changed the "Submit Date" to 6-2-05.. and on our application they changed the amount # on our request for turnouts.

Forum Member

Where on the application did they change the submit date at? Were you asked to take a smaller amount of money?

Forum Member

They changed the date on the log in page. We were ask to take 100 bucks less for turnouts.

Thread Information