MembersZone Subscriber

Default Breaking News Incident In London

Multiple Explosions reported on London's Underground Railway System... no further News at this time...

100's of Emergency Personnel on scene at Several Locations in Central London.

I have to go now...God Bless.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Good luck and God bless
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

good luck and keep your head down brother.
    Gravity, not just a good idea....
    Its THE LAW!

Sanity is not statistical.

MembersZone Subscriber

following story on news right now......

God Bless & Be Safe
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

MembersZone Subscriber

Multiple Explosions Rock London

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

Union officials blamed the Tube blasts on a series of bombs, and Scotland Yard confirmed the bus explosion and said it was dealing with "multiple explosions" in London.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We have just sent some resources out to the scene. We have sent a number of vehicles to Liverpool Street station."

Police told the UK Press Association there were "walking wounded" and said paramedics had responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk."

"There are walking wounded, but that is as much as we know at the moment," said the spokesman.

He confirmed that the incident took place on the Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Liverpool Street and said the line has been evacuated. King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations have also been cleared.

The incident caused major disruption to the entire network with stations across the capital being closed.

Passengers were told that all services were being suspended because of a power fault across the network.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "We have closed Liverpool Street station as well as Aldgate.

"We believe there was some sort of explosion. There are some walking wounded at Aldgate. "We are not sure of the scale of the incident. Reports are still coming in."
    Last edited by sconfire; 07-07-2005 at 05:48 AM.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

My prayers go out to our brothers in London.

MembersZone Subscriber

SEVERAL Explosion paralize London Tube

- Report of explosion on Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.
    - Further explosions reported at Aldgate East, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Russell Square and Moorgate
    - Two Underground trains collide near King's Cross

Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been," Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Ministers are meeting to clarify the situation and the government will make a statement later, Leader of the House Geoff Hoon told the Commons.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

And PA quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

Bus 'ripped apart' in explosion

British Transport Police said incidents took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

Hospitals have said they are no longer accepting non-emergency cases, BBC Five Live reported.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

'Screaming and crying'

Jacqui Head, from BBC News, who had just left King's Cross station on a Piccadilly Line train as an explosion happened, said: "Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted.

"There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."

The train was kept in the tunnel for 20 minutes and no announcement was made to explain the delay to passengers, she added.

Liberal Democrat MP Simon Hughes, near Kings Cross, told Five Live: "My only thought in the midst of all this confusion is that after the celebration of yesterday (for the Olympic 2012 London success) for people to be evil enough - if it is the intentional causing of death and injury - and think that they can justify this in any circumstances is completely unacceptable."

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

Another passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: "We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off and evacuate the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Our thoughts are with Steve, Marts and the people of London during what is obviously a terrible time - take care guys.

There are now at least 2 confirmed deaths and 90 injured with at least 3 bombs on the underground train network and 3 on buses.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by stillPSFB
    Our thoughts are with Steve, Marts and the people of London during what is obviously a terrible time - take care guys.

Ditto.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Forum Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to all rescuers and families and those that are injured or deceased. Good luck and God Bless all of you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anybody else have that sick feeling in the pit of their stomach?

This exemplifies how difficult it is to harden public transportation targets.

Forum Member

Steve, you're the first one I thought of when I heard about the attacks this morning. God bless you, emergency crews, the victims and their families. Keep us posted on how you're doing. You're in our prayers. Stay safe.

And yes, George....sick feeling, disgust, is exactly what I'm feeling.

MembersZone Subscriber

Steve and Marts,

I am so sorry for all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe.

Brenda

Forum Member

To the chaps in England, stay safe. I'll be praying for your safety.

As for the rest of us, let it serve to remind us that it is only a matter of time before these bastards hit in our own country. There is nothing that can be done.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Just saw some tv footage of LFB firefighters donning long duration SCBA at the King's Cross incident, where one of the bombs exploded on a train. From memory King's Cross tube station goes down 5 or 6 (or maybe even more) levels - it's one of the biggest in London. It was also the scene of a major fire back in 1987 which killed over 50 including Station Officer Colin Townley from LFB. About this time last year I was staying in a hotel directly over the road from King's Cross station and using the tube station everyday.

I've also just seen pictures of a lot of firefighters standing by with level A hazmat suits half-donned.
    Last edited by stillPSFB; 07-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Let us all hope that this isn't the start of a series of co-ordinated attacks around the world in the next 24 hours.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good Luck and God Bless

Our prayers are with you

Forum Member

To our Brothers and Sisters in London...

You have the support of all of us on this side of the pond.

To the cowards who did this...

You will be hunted down. You will pay.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

One of our news stations had a witness call in that only just escaped the blast. The same guy also walked out of the Sari nightclub in Bali just before the attack there. That guy is one of the luckiest people alive.

God bless
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Watching it unfold... take care guys... keep your head about you!

Forum Member

Originally posted by PattyV
    The same guy also walked out of the Sari nightclub in Bali just before the attack there. That guy is one of the luckiest people alive.
    Hmmm.....Patty, he's either extremely blessed or extremely suspicious. I hoping blessed!

Forum Member

The guy broke down in tears and got really emotional when he said that, it sounding pretty damn convincing to me. He would have to be a really good liar/actor to do it that well.

Forum Member

SAVAGES
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Originally posted by stillPSFB
    Let us all hope that this isn't the start of a series of co-ordinated attacks around the world in the next 24 hours.

I'm guessing this is more in relation to the olympics...and how quickly they can mobilize and hit (what we think to be) secure targets.

Keep safe brothers across the pond.

Forum Member

Default bad news

London rocked by explosions
    Blair says he suspects terrorists are responsible
    Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 8:25 a.m. EDT (12:25 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Four explosions in London's transport system have killed a number of people and wounded dozens more in what UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said was an apparent terrorist attack.

More fatalities were sure to follow -- emergency services personnel told CNN that a rescue operation at Kings Cross station had successfully evacuated all survivors, leaving dead below ground "in the double digits."

Three of the blasts took place in the city's subway system and one more hit a double-decker bus, all at the height of rush hour.

International SOS, an international medical emergency service, reported that the police had found explosive traces in at least one of four confirmed blast locations.

Hospital officials have reported at least 160 wounded. London transit officials shut down the entire Underground and stopped buses in the central city district.

"We are dealing with large numbers of casualties," he said, "and we believe a number of fatalities."

Flanked by the somber leaders of the world's eight largest industrial nations at the G8 summit in Scotland, Blair said: "We condemn utterly these barbaric attacks. We send our profound condolences to the victims and their families.

"All of our countries have suffered from the impact of terrorism. Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism that is not an attack on one nation, but all nations and on civilized people everywhere."

Blair told reporters he would leave the summit for a "face to face" report in London and then return later in the evening.

A White House spokesman said U.S. President George W. Bush was aware of the explosions and had been in briefings with Blair all morning.

Despite calls from officials to stay home, however, Londoners were on the streets except in areas where they were barred by police.

Police cordoned off areas around six stations in and around the city's center and financial area and brought in sniffer dogs to check the areas.

Telephone traffic -- particularly by cell phone -- was nearly impossible. London's largest cellular provider, Vodafone, said it had devoted much of its network to emergency services, causing the problems with subscribers.

London's police chief said the explosions, which began at about 8:50 a.m. (3:50 a.m. ET), certainly appeared coordinated.

One man, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."

"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, dispassionately, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between Kings Cross and Russell Square. "I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. "Some people were very calm, others very panicky."

"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."

Another man, clearly shaken by his experience, described being on a smoke-filled carriage on the same train, he and his fellow passengers afraid to try to leave the train.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else."

A police spokesman urged Londoners to "stay where you are."

"There's no way to travel around London at the moment," he said.

"There is a London emergency plan," he said. "It has been put into effect. It is being coordinated by the Metropolitan Police, and that's about all I can say at the moment."

Scotland Yard sent out a notice saying that "public transport in London will be affected in the next few days."

Claire Burroughs, spokeswoman for St Mary's Hospital in central London, told CNN the hospital was on "major incident alert." Four patients were critically injured, eight were seriously injured and 14 others were being treated for minor injuries, she said.

"The types of injuries we are seeing include limb damage, burns, cuts, breaks, head injuries and chest problems due to smoke inhalation," Burroughs said.

London Hospital said it received 95 patients, most with minor injuries. Ten, however were listed in serious condition and seven in critical condition as well as "numerous with significant orthopedic injuries requiring immediate surgery."

CNN cameraman Oran O'Reilly said he has seen seven of the city's famed double-decker buses as well as police cars and ambulances arriving with casualties.

Another hospital told CNN it had taken in 40 wounded.

British Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the explosions took place between Russell Square and Kings Cross Underground; near the Moorgate, Aldgate and Liverpool Street stations Underground; and the Edgware Road station.

The fourth explosion on a bus just outside Tavistock Hotel.

London Metropolitan Police, British Transport Police and London's fire brigade are investigating, according to Scotland Yard.

O'Reilly, who was at Aldgate station, saw passengers coming out of it with signs of smoke inhalation -- black smudges around their mouths and noses.

"They're pushing people away from the tube (train) station," O'Reilly said. "Police are telling us to evacuate the street."

Also at Aldgate, CNN producer Roger Clark said he had seen people with blood running down their faces, with many others looking stunned.

An eyewitness who was on a train told Clark the car in front of him exploded and then the the train tunnel filed with smoke.

Separately, the London Fire Service said it was responding to a report of an explosion on a bus at Russell Square. Chamberlin heard a loud explosion in central London. Witnesses told him they saw a heavily damaged double-decker bus.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information