Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question Sooooo, any "new" news?

Just wondering if any of you guys with "inside" information have gotten any word on announcements possibly being made tomorrow . . .

I know, I know . . . patience, good things come to those that wait, etc., etc. But the waiting is killing me! This is my first grant writing experience and we received the ?'s & 1199A back at the beginning of June. Hoping to soon be shopping for a new 3500 gallon crew-cab tanker.

H

Forum Member

No news yet. Since we're in the Eastern time zone, if there are going to be pre-announcement phone calls we should get them first. Haven't heard a thing.

It willnot happen tomorrow. OMB still has the NOFA tied up in their chain. Maybe next week. A new round of 10s and 1199As went out at 12:00AM. According to my source there will be 1400 in the first round.

Forum Member

Any news if any EMS has recieved the 1199's or questions?

Forum Member

Please pardon my melodrama . . . but do you think those folks up in the OMB know the anxiety they are causing across the country? With 1400 grants lined up, that's a whole lot of nail biting going on!!

H

I have heard of one EMS agency that got their 1199A which was for an ambulance. I still think the EMS equipment awards will be interspersed with the fire departments. Be patient.

USFA filed a protest letter to OMB Tuesday about the delay but, what good it will do is anybody's guess.

KB

MembersZone Subscriber

i open website everyday to check status. today i was asked to update/verify contact info. first time applicant here - does this mean anything?

It is a good sign. Not a great one but, it usually means they are trying to assure that an email will go to the right place. Stay tuned to the email and your online application.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ?

I am getting nervous, this year is my first time applying and I'm not sure how I did. My question is, is it true that the apps that scored higher will get there questions first? How do they score the apps? We applied for turnout gear, airpacks and radios. We were able to match more than the 5% required for a town our size(we actually matched 10%). I'm just worried because of all the action recently. I just hope I was able to help my department. I really would love to go to my chief and tell him I just helped our department become safer! Any resposes will be helpfull, I thank you in advance. Good luck to all!!

Forum Member

Default Unclear

Okay, I've been reading alot of posts here, I'm still not 100% clear. This is the 2nd time we've applied and the first time I've handled the grant.
    Does it mean anything if we have not recieved the questions or 1199A form yet? Also, I thought I read somewhere on here that you will know if you did not recieve a grant by the end of August. Are these true statements? I feel pretty good about our grant, so I'm hoping the review board feels the same

Thanks for all the info so far, the input I've recieved from here is priceless.

Thanks

Brian

OK guys, relax! The way they are distrbuting the grnats is that the first round will priomarally be for those departments recieving vehicles. That is so they can place their orders and get their trucks on the road quicker.

Therte willbe 1400 or so departments announced in the first round and yes, some of those departments will be for turnouts and SCBA etc.. but, there will be more than 10 rounds of funding this year and you could be funded anywhere in that time frame. DHS goal is to have all awards announced by Sept 30th.

Just because you have not recieved your 10 qeustions or 1199A form means nothing at this point.

"Dear John" letters will not go out until the last week of July or first week of August. No news is good news here. Guys, grants are a waiting game, so get used to it. Last year you had to sit on pins and needles for up to 8 months through more than 40 rounds of funding.

They have corrected that problem but, you have to be a little patient. If you wrote a good grant, addressing the program priorities etc. you should get funded.

Relax, have beer and just wait. Check your emails and log into your online application to check for messages frequently.

If you have further questions conatct me through profile email. Glad to help.

KB
    CHIEF Grants

Also got an update profile today. NOT THE INFORMATION I WANTED!!!!!!!!!
    Two years ago, received the same request, and no grant. So, it is a small life preserver without a rope. Still have to wait for help!!

BAClair

4caster it was still better than "no communication" or the dreaded "Dear John".Hang in there.

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Being that it's a Holiday week, I would venture to guess nothing's happening.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nope, nothing but the red tape is working this week.

The goal at last check was the 15th, but that was with the hope that the NOFA came in this week so DHS do what they needed to do to announce. The longer it takes for the NOFA, the later the announcement will come, but from the looks of it they are adding more awards to that first round instead of holding off and making them later rounds to ensure they get everything done be the end of September.

Forum Member

o.k. now i'm really heartbroken to read that they are awarding trucks in the first rounds to get them out on the road faster. i guess if that is true then we are looking for a Dear John letter instead of an award. oh well we knew it was a long shot anyway. good luck to all.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They're not awarding all of the trucks, just a good bit of them.

A lot will depend upon what your score was. The highest scores for trucks wil go out first and then down the line from there. Last year you still had a chance to get funded even if you scored 85% so just chill!

Thread Information