Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

RIT: RAPID INTERVENTION TEAM, By being in the A/C removes the word RAPID from your assignment. Your assignment is RIT, not REHAB. Fire ground operations change RAPIDLY so get in the game have a plan. As an Officer of a Squad company we may not always like being assigned to RIT, but we accept it and do the right thing for our crews working interior. To the person that said RIT is hardly ever needed, did you pass recruit training, I guess next you will say PPV, primary and secondary searches are not needed. STAY SAFE.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote:
    -------------------------------------------
    Is your command officer(s) in a vehicle? Would they be "fresher" and be able to monitor radio traffic better if they were? If RIT can do their job from inside a vehicle, so could command,right??
    -------------------------------------------
    Do you mean like in one of those million dollar IC trucks? Yes.

Now dont go to crazy on me here. Of course you need field commanders and disiplined RIT teams. The original question on RIT in the a/c is from Texas I think and I know how hot and humid it gets down there. Heat is a big safety issue. I didnt mean to scare you by saying RIT is hardly ever needed but you know what, they are hardly ever needed! Know how many times I have used RIT since 1974? Probably 3 times at most. Thats back before we called them RIT, they were called "hey you two guys stand here and be ready in case of trouble".

God bless and pull the ceiling as you go.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote:

All due respect, Cappy, that's a lack of control by the oficer in charge of the RIT. Freelancing the RIT team is dangerous and shouldn't be tolerated. If we are called in as an RIT team, weather it's ten minutes or an hour, we are the RIT until relieved by another team or sent home. It's that simple. IMO if the RIT needs to help hump hose and place ladders, there isn't enough manpower on the scene.
    -------------------------------------

I AGREE 100 PERCENT!

God bless and pull the ceiling as you go.

Thread Information