Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Apparatus for Sale?

Myself and 3 other executive board members have tried for a few months to find a replacement engine for our company. We don't have the biggest wallet but does anyone know of any apparatus sites that sell used trucks?

Besides
    www.fentonfire.com
    www.firetec.com
    www.customtecfire.com
    www.firetruckmall.com

MembersZone Subscriber

IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Default Apparatus For Sale

You might try www.firemaster.com

By the way, thats me, Chris. Let me know if we can help.

Fire Master Fire Apparatus, Inc

http://www.firemaster.com[/URL]

(800) 641-4724

To me, some of the nicer stuff I'm seeing on the used market is at:

Texas Fire Trucks

Company Two

We'd be happy to sell you our 1986 Ford C/3D engine...
    I suspect you're looking for something newer, but I thought I'd throw that out there for anyone looking for a decent used engine, that drives and pumps like a champ.

Sorry for the shameless spam... The department is selling the rig, we're not brokers, etc. If I've violated something by mentioning it, let me know.

My guess is that it would be a LOT cheaper to fix the Mack than to get a "replacement" Engine and start all over again.Today's mentality:Get rid of it,don't repair it.By your original post you better find a couple good maintainence techs or your new Rosenbauer will suffer the same fate. T.C.

Arrow Wynn

Wynn Fire & Rescue Equipment located in Corbin, Kentucky sells used apparatus.

Wynn Fire & Rescue Equipment

Forum Member

Wynfire.com

I like that 1986 Spartan,i need to find a price and if that has enclosed doors on it then we can possibly go for it...price is a major issue with us right now.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Rescue101
    My guess is that it would be a LOT cheaper to fix the Mack than to get a "replacement" Engine and start all over again.Today's mentality:Get rid of it,don't repair it.By your original post you better find a couple good maintainence techs or your new Rosenbauer will suffer the same fate. T.C.
    Well we have a mecahnic for the new central states engine,thats not a worry and he's right down the road so he cna service the truck at the station but fixing isn't really a possibility for us since the $$$ isn't our biggest thing

Originally posted by EngCo29

Well we have a mecahnic for the new central states engine,thats not a worry and he's right down the road so he cna service the truck at the station but fixing isn't really a possibility for us since the $$$ isn't our biggest thing
    If money isn't the problem with fixing it, then what is?

Forum Member

Talking

No longer a problem to us. A apparatus broker bought our FDNY Mack for $25,000. They're going to refurbish it and whatnot. We're in the process of buying a 1995 Mack Tanker.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Res343cue

If money isn't the problem with fixing it, then what is?
    I meant by that,we don't have the money to repair it but none the less its sold and we're getting a new truck from it

Forum Member

What kind of budget do you have? Where are you located? I have a nice used custom pumper that is priced right. I'm a dealer salesman located in New England. Also know of a few other trucks located in other areas of the counrty. Could help more if you gave a bit more info.

Forum Member

I wouldn't say we have a "budget" but we hence get $17,000 from our township every June or July, $13,000-$14,000 goes to insurance,bills,etc. Leaving us with about $3,000 to work with and as of now the broker that wanted to buy our Mack decided he doesn't want it and now we HAVE to sell this Mack to get the tanker but if you have a custom pumper, I may be intersted. But we are located in Woodland Township,Burlington County New Jersey 08019.

If you want to have a look at what we're trying to get rid of
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

THe truck we have is as follows. Not sure if you would be interested. Price is $13,000.00 If you want more info please send me an email at tomwoodward@adelphia.net

1983 Duplex, model #D350 – 5-man cab 94” wide, 12-gauge steel with rear canopy & two rear facing jump seats,

Engine: Detroit Diesel, model # 8V71TA, 370-H.P.,

Transmission: Allison, model #HT740D, 4-speed,

Hale model Q125, 1250 GPM, two (2) stages midship mounted,
    Intakes; Two (2) 6” two (2) 2-1/2” auxiliary suction intakes, one (1) located on the left side pumper operator’s panel, the second located at the rear of the apparatus,

2-1/2” Discharges: two (2) 2-1/2” located on the left side midship, two (2) 2-1/2” located on the right side midship, one (1) 2-1/2” located at the right rear,

1-1/2” Discharges: two (2) located at the rear of the apparatus,

Foam system: around the pump with a 40-gallon tank split with two (2) 20-gallon compartments,

Booster tank: 1000-gallon, made of 10-gauge steel, “T” shaped,

Body: 12-gauge steel,

Compartmentation:

Four (4) runningboard style compartments with no-lip, sweep-out design, one (1) each side of the body located forward of the rear axle – 27-1/2” wide x 31” high x 22-3/4” deep, two (2) located to the rear of the rear axle – 34-1/2” wide x 31: high x 26-1/2” deep, two (2) right side intermediate compartments located above lower compartments, dimensions – 12-5/8” high x 11-1/2” deep x 104” long, a forward enclosure located forward of the pump with dimensions of 22-1/2” wide x 60” high x 72” deep,

Booster reel: located over the pump house.

Hosebed: designed to carry 1300 feet of 3” DJ hose, 250 feet of 2-1/2”, and 500 feet of 1-3/4” DJ hose,

Body includes two (2) steel hose troughs for 10-foot lengths of 6” hard suction hose, one (1) on each side of the body.

Forum Member

I'd be interested but our county pushed their new rule of any truck purchased used or new from 2004 and on must be enclosed, if we could buy this I'd be very interested since we have no hydrants. But Thanks for the help, I appreciate it very much.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EngCo29
    Myself and 3 other executive board members have tried for a few months to find a replacement engine for our company. We don't have the biggest wallet but does anyone know of any apparatus sites that sell used trucks?

Besides
    www.fentonfire.com
    www.firetec.com
    www.customtecfire.com
    www.firetruckmall.com
    Look at www.deepsouthfiretrucks.com
    good people to deal with.

Thread Information