Forum Member

Default Bias media does it again!

Once again, the American Media tells just one side of a story. "60 Minutes" that aired on 7-10-05 does a story on "miss-spent" homeland security money and concentrates on just that; "Homeland Security". They do not tell the side of what the equipment is also used for everyday emergency operations; for example: mobile command units, SCBA, turn out gear, etc.
    They interview a town mayor from Tennessee and ask him if he thinks that Al Qaeda is planning to attack his small town. That is my point. The news media has the American public thinking that their tax dollars are being wasted because the recipients are not spending the dollars on Nuclear, Chemical and Biological equipment, that may I remind you, would be stored forever and probably never used by say, oh...let's see De Moines, Iowa. Broadly speaking on a national level, the equipment purchased mentioned above in my first paragraph would be used almost weekly, if not daily; AND WOULD BE USED IN CASE OF A NATURAL DISASTER, CHEMICAL EMERGENCY and for the cities and towns bordering the large "target" cities......A TERROIST ATTACK in a mutual aid scenario.

The short version, I just hate it when the media does not give the big picture. Just because the money is from the Department of Homeland Security does not mean it has to be spent on NBC/anti-terrorist equipment that will collect dust in most cities. I just hope that the media does not cause a national public uproar about funding America’s fire/rescue/EMS agencies with the equipment that will be used daily AND in the event, God forbid, of another terrorist attack. Did anybody else see this story?

Just Venting,

Truckie

Forum Member

I'm sure they DO get the big picture. But if the a-holes actually reported that, it wouldn't be a big sensational story to boost their ratings.

For example, this afternoon, Geraldo Rivera was on live national television pretending he was being blown away by the hurricane. He was acting like he was leaning into the wind and ready to fall over because it was so strong.... yet the tree branches behind him showing evidence of some minor gusts, totally disproportionate to his acting.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Default Say it isn't so!

Are you trying to say that Geraldo would juice up his story?
    There goes the neighborhood.

Forum Member

I love Fox News but that guy needs to get hit in the head with something.

Forum Member

Yes folks. This is the news media that is so much smarter than us....

Forum Member

uh huh.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Hello! That's AMR. Duh, that doesn't count.

Thread Information