Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Are you as smart as you think you are?

I did a search and did not find this anywhere. If it was, then I guess that I am not as smart as I think I am. On the other hand, I'm still not as smart as I think I am. I know what some of you think already.

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms.

The first is full of raging fires,
    the second is full of assassins with loaded guns,
    and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years.

Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

If you know the answers because you have seen this before, please don't post them. Let's have some fun with it. There should be quite the range of answers. They got me when I read them.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Default Re: Are you as smart as you think you are?

Originally posted by backdraft663

The room with the lions. They've been dead for three years.

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
    Jerry Springer?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

The lions as they would be ded from not eating for 3 years.

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
    Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

She shot a photo of him, developed it and hung it up to dry.

How did I do?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

As they said, the lions would be dead.

Some sort of card game?

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

set the jugs in the barrel

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

no clue

christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

no clue

Doesn't have the vowel "E" in it at all.

set the jugs in the barrel
    Thats what I thought, but it says you cant use the jugs.

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Charcoal?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Lions are dead.

She takes his picture, develops it, and hangs it up.

Freeze the water in the jugs and place the ice in the barrel.

Charcoal

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

No letter Es in the paragraph.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dave1983

Thats what I thought, but it says you cant use the jugs.
    huh, I missed that part!

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Gotcha All Beat................

Damn, I'm Smarter than the rest of ya. I've been sitting here, enjoying my dish of Cherry Vanilla, while Y'all been beating your brains out over this puzzle. I got the answers, without the hassle of thinking........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

I know I've seen this before, but I can't remember the water one....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

yeah the answer to the jugs one is freeze them

All of the others look correct
    We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.

Default Re: Gotcha All Beat................

Originally posted by hwoods
    Damn, I'm Smarter than the rest of ya. I've been sitting here, enjoying my dish of Cherry Vanilla, while Y'all been beating your brains out over this puzzle. I got the answers, without the hassle of thinking........
    That's why your a Chief.

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Are you as smart as you think you are?

Originally posted by backdraft663
    I did a search and did not find this anywhere. If it was, then I guess that I am not as smart as I think I am. On the other hand, I'm still not as smart as I think I am. I know what some of you think already.

Den of lions

[/B][/QUOTE]she is a photographer
    [/B][/QUOTE]freeze one/both jugs
    [/B][/QUOTE]Briquets
    [/B][/QUOTE]Yesterday,Today, Tomorrow
    6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out
    [/B][/QUOTE]The word "THE"?
    If you know the answers because you have seen this before, please don't post them. Let's have some fun with it. There should be quite the range of answers. They got me when I read them.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Thread Information