Forum Member

Default The UPDATE Login

Have heard talk back and forth, and have some anecdotal support, that if you are asked to Update your contacts upon Logon, something is being done with your application. That "thing" can be funding or rejection. 2003 we had the "Update" then one week later we were funded for a new aerial ladder. 2004, got the "Update" Login, then the rejection two weeks later.

Am I barking up a tree that doesn't even exist?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There has been no correlation between the update and awards. Liek you, my own dept's apps as well as many clients have gotten update requests then both awards and denials. The system is programmed to ask for updates after a certain period of time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Login update

We never got the request to update our login for the 2004 AFG until February 2005 and received our denial in March. We've already received our login udpate for 2005. Is it safe to say that it is because they are trying to have the whole thing done by the end of September? There was only about four months between the two update requests but over a year between the 2003 and 2004 update requests. I'd really like, right now, to consider it as meaning something, anything, yes or no. Questions would be a great start. It feels like we're the only ones who haven't gotten them yet. The suspense takes years off my life. Besides, we just filled the cotton-pickin' thing out in April.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think I have to agree with BC79er. When our Commish logs into the system, he gets the update screen about 25% of the time. I have only ever seen it once in the last 2 years...

I think the updates are unrelated to funding/rejection.

Good luck, all...another several months of nervousness ahead!

Stay safe,

KL
    Kevin Lubinsky
    Captain
    West Shore Bureau of Fire
    Cumberland County PA

FTM-PTB-EGH

Forum Member

Might 7Peaks have some information?

Forum Member

Originally posted by BC79er
    There has been no correlation between the update and awards. Liek you, my own dept's apps as well as many clients have gotten update requests then both awards and denials. The system is programmed to ask for updates after a certain period of time.
    Brian is on the money!

7Peaks
    Last edited by 7Peaks; 07-28-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Forum Member

well i think something is going on i just click on the site and once again i was asked to update user profile.. begining to wonder here since this is the third time since Feb. i have been asked to do this....

Forum Member

After you log in 1000 times the program automatically ask you to update.

MembersZone Subscriber

We got the same prompt before our 2004 1199a receipt and about 2 weeks later (or last thursday)....hoping it is the same type of news....

Forum Member

There's a thread going on in the Firefighting forums called "superstition." Maybe this belongs there. Ha. If you get the request to log on then you're going to get funded.

Seriously though, I have to agree with Brian. I really don't think there is any correlation. I think it's the luck of the draw. Hopefully I'm wrong for those of you that are getting update requests though. However, we received our Fire Prevention Grant and was never asked for an update, and we also received the 10 questions and 1199A for this year and the only time I was ever asked to update was before I even submitted the application. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Good luck!

Forum Member

what i wanted to say is that i think fema is looking at this again and is trying to get updated info..meaning that they are not in stand by mode any longer. that things are moving ahead.. either way its all been a 50/50 chance. either a yes or a no. but how ever our app. goes its just nice to see some kind of movement on their part since it has been a long wait... and as for the updated after 1000 log in's. since i know that i'm the only one who checks the app. it hasn't been a 1000 times. anyway good luck to all and congrates to all that have heard. Brian its nice to finally see you back in action since i've been away for awhile..

Forum Member

I have gotten the Update Info everytime I have loged on the site even before the application was submitted.
    This has absolutly nothing to indicate any action with your grant GOOD or BAD!
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Thanks chiefswife, good to be back. I've been in the thick of it since getting off the boat in Copenhagen. Hit the computer there and haven't stopped since: articles, seminars, grant apps, lawnmowing, work, baby due Jan 2nd, cleaning the office, etc, etc. Other than that I've been goofing off.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefswife1
    what i wanted to say is that i think fema is looking at this again and is trying to get updated info..meaning that they are not in stand by mode any longer. that things are moving ahead.. either way its all been a 50/50 chance. either a yes or a no. but how ever our app. goes its just nice to see some kind of movement on their part since it has been a long wait... and as for the updated after 1000 log in's. since i know that i'm the only one who checks the app. it hasn't been a 1000 times. anyway good luck to all and congrates to all that have heard. Brian its nice to finally see you back in action since i've been away for awhile..
    I agree and the crack about the 1000 times is because I check ours probably 2 to 3 times a day. I may not be to far from an update!!

Thread Information