MembersZone Subscriber

bones42 ?? what dont you understand.

where did i ever say that i got qualified for the job of FF from Capt Bob's material?

did you read my post or just shooting from the hip like the other two juveniles.

ok one more time for bones42, lets say 400 people take a FF ENTRY LEVEL EXAM. ENTRY LEVEL bones42, which pretty much means you need to have atleast a high school diploma, to be qualified of the job of FF. when did Capt bob start handing out diplomas? is this somthing i missed or are you pulling a jacktee and imaging things being said.

ok 400 canidates, all take the written exam and 220 pass with a, lets say 90 or above.

on to the physical agility part of the testing phase. out of the 220, 200 pass the agility. ok r you with me so far, if im going to fast i will slowwww dowwwnn for you.

200 left guess what is coming up... tadaaa its the oral exam. ok the dept. is testing for a whole total of 4 positions to open in the next year and the only thing that is going to seperate me from the 200 canidates is how i do on the oral exam.....

if i cant present the package which i've already stated i had trouble doing the first time around then im not going to have a chance in hell of being one of the 4 lucky canidates.

when did i ever suggest that i went to capt bob to be a better qualified firefighter? when? i went to bob to help me present who i am. pretty simple ehhh.

have you gone through any ENTRY LEVEL FF exams as of lately? do you have a clue on how competitive it is or like i said, just shooting from the hip.

capt bobs material helped me not be a better qualified FF as you have mistakenly understood it to do for some unjust reason, it helped me present the package (myself) to a panel of people i didnt know that i was more then qualified to be a FF.

Forum Member

did you read my post or just shooting from the hip like the other two juveniles.
    As one of the two that you mention above could I request that you use a dictionary?? Just Joking!!
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by JackTee09

As one of the two that you mention above could I request that you use a dictionary?? Just Joking!!
    what did i misspell?

Forum Member

SPY:

It was meant to add a little levity to an already beaten horse thread. But, since you asked - canidate is not the word - it is candidate. In addition punctuation is not always vital for ee cummings made a life's work from avoiding it. However, in long posts where the intent is to draw the reader in often times the result is to get stuck on the errors.

As for the entire Cap'n Bob&Weave situation it is a fact that no matter how many "satisfied customers" pop up - he himself has done damage to his own credibility by the very nature of the types of "defenses" presented by you and others. The sad part is that you don't recognize this...and blindly go on pushing his wares while most have made their mind up.

My best to you!
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

MembersZone Subscriber

I am personally grateful for the advice that Capt bob has offered here. I think it helped me land the #1 spot for the dept I was dreaming to get on. I take my medical exam on monday and hope to start in Oct.
    I have no problem with him even selling his product here. My only concern is how he approaches the subject sometime. The Scare tactic approach really rubbed me the wrong way. maybe I misread what it said but do a search on the word polygraph and the thread titled "got the call" and you will see the scare tactic that I am talking about. As it happens to be I am not some young pup fresh out of high school or college but I spent over 8 years running and teaching people to run nuclear reactors in the Navy. Followed by over five years in the corporate world. If I wasn't at the place in life that I am in now. I would have been scared. This was inappropriate. I have a real problem with that.
    I do not believe that Capt Bob truly advocates lying and cheating to get the badge.....BUT the website he promotes on a regular basis promotes lying. (never mind the fact that the gentleman on the website is an arrogant... well never mind.)This I do not agree with. If I had the time to more fully research it I am quite sure I could come up with a better website than his. Not one telling how to beat the Poly but how it works and why someone who has nothing to hide has no reason to fear it. I have said it before but again I disagree with the use of the poly. but it is the rule of law that must be followed until it changes.
    I think that if you look back at my posts, I have never impugned the character of Capt Bob or stated that he was a snake oil salesman or insulted him in any way . I just want to know why he seems to be on both sides of the street on this issue. Choose honesty and promote it. Or choose the side that says "Damn the man and his syste, and then tries to find ways to circumvent the process.
    I think it is like this. The polygraph is a flawed system just like the judicial system. But it is the system we have and it is the best system we have. If we want to change it then we lobby and make our views known. But how many felons and other sordid characters have been kept away just because there is a polygraph and they might get found out. Now we have people who sit here and tell these same low life scum how to bypass the filter. Personally I would much rather have the filter, possibly filter out a few good with the bad and keep the bad out. IMHO.

Forum Member

Default JT

JT, you wrote in your first posting here:

I must confess to having never heard of you until now. Such is life because I am sure you don't know me either.

First you stated that you couldnít ID any seminars I have given to firefighters. I posted the link showing the most recent on June 22, 2005. Hereís the announcement: http://www.chabotfire.com/0505News.pdf

Then you responded with: Perhaps you would consider giving away ten "Gold Packages". Even though we offer a weekly drawing for our products for the last six years, I agreed if you would pick up the shipping. You said you would. I sent you a PM asking where to send to program without a reply. Then you changed your mind. I understand.

Your postings started off with listing your location as NJ and SC. Those are now missing. Why? Your profile doesnít give any information about you. Why? Could you have been in the fire service in NJ, retired and moved to SC?

You responded to Matt with:

There are a million brothers who have gone through the process. Somehow we all made it. You will as well. If you want to invest money then go right ahead and perhaps it will pay off.

Good point. Let the candidate decide.

Then you insinuated that spyonline must proofread for Cap'n Bob!

Although I would like to know, I still donít know who spyonline is

When you referred to me on page 4 of this posting on 7-21 as snake oil salesman: You take advantage - which is not something that a brother would ever do.

I supplied numerous references on how firefighters are being paid in all fields of education and training are assisting candidates to get hired an in service training for firefighters.

JT wrote:

There are more and more people who are starting to question the service.

Really. Our stats and e-mails have never reflected your references.

Continuing: I wonder if Bob ever had an oral interview for Battalion Chief? If so - he must have had problems.

I did take the BC test, with out problems, acted in the position and decided I didnít like it.

On your 7-22 post JT wrote: As it stands now I have completed my last post here. Cheers! You have made 7 additional posts.

With your 77 postings since your registered on Jul-1, 19 postings have been in this thread spinning and hammering me like a tabloid writer about my services, and those who have benefited.

If your allegations had any validity and our service did not have value we would have folded our tent and gone home a long time ago.

Since you seem to be new here, why donít you share with the forum what qualifies you as the recognized expert on assisting candidates getting hired? Who are you? What are your credentials?

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 07-23-2005 at 03:36 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

jacktee a dictionary isnt going to help me now, maybe paying attention in english class would have been better those were thebest five years

Capt Bob has no idea who I'am, I'm just a satisfied customer
    Last edited by spyonline; 07-23-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Forum Member

Cap'n Bob&Weave Said:
    Since you seem to be new here, why donít you share with the forum what qualifies you as the recognized expert on assisting candidates getting hired? Who are you? What are your credentials?
    Where did I ever advertise that I was an expert on assisting candidates? In fact Bob - your "expertise" is what is being questioned - you advertise it constantly. No one else does.

Why did I change my profile? At the bottom of my posts there was a link to a blog that I write. Since it is against terms of service to advertise on the forums I removed it. Unlike you I comply with the TOS.

Why did I have Jersey and SC both listed? Because those two states are my homes - my family is in Jersey and when I think of where I am from-that is one place I automatically mention.

What are my credentials with respect to helping getting people hired? Like you Bob I have no special qualifications in that area but I do NOT indicate that I do.

You have a website with questionable material - by the admission of some of your own customers - and the classic psychological trick of defelction will not work here Cap'n.

Now - go fluff your website and provide another link to beating a poly!

And Bobby - I do wish you the best!
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Ah, the spin continues. Still waiting for your reply on who you are.

and the classic psychological trick of defelction will not work here

JT, you seem to be the one who has the trick of deflection.

And no I'm not a good speller either. But you might want to check your dictionary on your spelling of deflection.

Captain Bob

www.eatress.com

Forum Member

Bobby:

You are correct - I misspelled the word.

Ah, the spin continues. Still waiting for your reply on who you are.
    Bobby! YOU are the one out hawking your wares - no one else. Since I offer no special "nuggets of wisdom" why advertise my name - it does not matter. Besides if you want my name you know you can retrieve it from Firehouse. Nice try Bobby.

Oh - and check your Private Message Box.
    Last edited by JackTee09; 07-23-2005 at 04:17 PM.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Default Success

JT: You must be a politician. Never answer the questions. Just spin.

You wrote:

I have no special qualifications in that area but I do NOT indicate that I do.

Then how can you pass judgement?

Just received this:

Another success story: Here is my story. I tried to get into the fire college 3 years ago. I did the CPAT, no problem, then I wrote the written exam, aced it, went to the interview and totally bombed it. I knew that I had a year to prepare and I stumbled onto your site and I found out why I had failed. The next year I was prepared and I was accepted into fire school. I knew my interview went well because when I was leaving the room, one of interviewer's was nodding his head to the other interviewer. I closed the door, pumped my fist in the air and said quietly "I'm going to be a firefighter". It was a long 9 months but I worked hard and I got my certificate. At about 7 months into the program, my fiance ordered your gold package for me. We both knew that I would have an interview with a department pretty soon after my graduation. So I knew what most of my answers were, I just had to put it all together. When I graduated, there was a posting for my dream department and I put my application in. I had two weeks to prepare and feel very solid with my interview. Oh, did I mention I am working full time as a labourer and preparing a wedding with a guest list of 500 people in a couple of months? I spent about 50 hours preparing in 2 weeks and then the big day came. Only 4 jobs were available. I got the call on my birthday for a job offer( the best birthday present ever). If it was not for your program, I would never be in this position. Thank you so much. Mike

PS Now I don't have an excuse for helping out more with the wedding.

Mike is badge number 2283 in our program. Thousands more like chrnea
    above wrote:

I am personally grateful for the advice that Capt bob has offered here. I think it helped me land the #1 spot for the dept I was dreaming to get on. I take my medical exam on monday and hope to start in Oct.

also placed themselfs in positions to receive their badges from the free information.

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 07-23-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Forum Member

chrnea above wrote:

I take my medical exam on monday and hope to start in Oct.

Have you taken a psych test yet or is one going to be part of the background?

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Bobby:

I am making this my last post on this thread. The reason - four people for whom I have the greatest admiration - and four veterans of many more posts than I have asked me to stop. Were you really just providing the future brothers a service you have been far more professional - if you really were really interested - just to say "Guys...My product speaks for itself." Then the thread would have died out.

You have instead re-engaged on a continuing basis. Surely you have the right - but it actually proves a point that you kept on. Lets both take this to e-mail to spare the board any further discussion. I will - how about you?

Cheers Bobby! And do every brother a favor - quit advertising on here when you post. That flaunts the TOS and it brings much discussion with it.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

Default Sure

I will - how about you?

Deal

MembersZone Subscriber

This will be my last post on this thread (nobody asked me to stop), but not if the issue comes up again. I have reported the last round of advertising to the WT,let's see if they have the credibility to do the right thing and out a stop to this advertising.

Bobby, I guess if you can no longer defend your position, you start the personal attacks, huh? JT never said he was an expert in anything. Is that the qualification for criticizing you? The only thing you appear to be to me to be an expert in is salesmanship. It is certainly not an expertise in ethics.

And to criticize where he lives? You really struck a blow for humanity there, Bobby. You see, public safety salaries are very good in the NE. Lots of people (none who have purchased your books and tapes, I imagine), retire with a generous salary and are able to split their time between Jersey and a southern state to avoid the harsh Jersey winters. Nothing dishonest about that, Bobby.

You offered to stop advertising if JT does. Well, he already did. I am asking you, too. And I never started.

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually the psych exam is part of the medical exam that I will be taking part in just about 12 hours from now. I have no fears. I am well rounded and if I can get through the psych exam to run a nuclear reactor in the navy, I do not have any thing to worry about here.
    Capt Bob,
    since you see fit to use my quote where I thanked you for your free advice, will you please do me a favor. Please answer me about what I perceive as scare tactics. Because I am thankful for the advice but I am also upset at your post. I am sure in the bell ringing that has been going on with GW and JT that you may have overlooked my comments. I am not attacking you. Lets get that straight. But you do need to answer the (For lack of a better word) "charges" that those kind of postings are scare tactics, which IMHO are an unethical buisness practice that should end. I don't care about you "advertising" here because you do offer so much free advice. In fact just for the record it was your oral board advice about not using canned answers and making application stories to emaphasize answers that I found helpful. But that is where it ended. After I said I got the call you started with the scare tactics.
    I believe in coming to people that i have problems with to deal with them. To got it all out in the open and resolved. I would have just approached this in PMs but I felt that since this is a public forum and the fact that I feel you were wrong on a public level, that this should be dealt with at this level.
    I believe you to be a good man with a good heart. You may not even realize that this approach could be perceived as that. I am just asking that you answer me in this issue.
    My other issue is with the polygraph site and I do not feel that you have answered that issue yet. Please respond to this as well. I want to understand your side of this. I wont re-rehash my problems with it. I have clearly stated my case already in this thread. If you want I would be happy to try to work with you to come up with a better solution to educated the canidates about the poly and what it entails without refering them to a website that just tells them they can lie and beat the system. How about it. Can we find common ground here?

Forum Member

Someone may beat the polygraph on Capt, Bob's advice, but I am sure that when the background check is done and the lie on the test is discovered, the candidate can kiss the badge goodbye!

The "free advice" things is a lot like the local drug dealer's business model... give out a few samples, let the people have a taste and then wham! Got them hooked.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Originally posted by spyonline
    bones42 ?? what dont you understand.

where did i ever say that i got qualified for the job of FF from Capt Bob's material?

if i cant present the package which i've already stated i had trouble doing the first time around then im not going to have a chance in hell of being one of the 4 lucky canidates.

when did i ever suggest that i went to capt bob to be a better qualified firefighter? when? i went to bob to help me present who i am. pretty simple ehhh.

have you gone through any ENTRY LEVEL FF exams as of lately? do you have a clue on how competitive it is or like i said, just shooting from the hip.

capt bobs material helped me not be a better qualified FF as you have mistakenly understood it to do for some unjust reason, it helped me present the package (myself) to a panel of people i didnt know that i was more then qualified to be a FF.
    Yes, in fact, I did read your post and most of the others on here. Maybe I mis-read it, but I thought you had posted that you were not one of the %50 best qualified until you read Capt. Bob's stuff. Now, it may be possible the other %50 also all read Capt. Bob's stuff, but that may be pressing it. So, my take on it is very simple, you were not one of those %50 best qualified because you could not "present who i am" without someone's help and yet all/some/most of the others could. "pretty simple ehhh".

Nope, never gone through a hiring process for FF. Honestly never had much interest in being a paid FF. Thought about it for a week or two just a few years ago but decided against it still. And yes, I do have quite a clue as to how competitive it is and it still amazes me that so many people try for so few jobs and yet politicians keep departments running at such low staffing levels.

I'll also admit I never read any of Capt. Bob's stuff and really have no intention to. Got nothing against him at all. Actually don't have much to say about him either way. But I do agree with some question on how he can advertise so much on here while other vendors can't.

Have a nice day.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information