MembersZone Subscriber

Default perf medical exam

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the medical exam and how long it might take to get an answer from PERF. I would appreciate it.

This process may take awhile. Talk to the pension board person at the department where you are being hired.

MembersZone Subscriber

It's just a basline physical. Nothing too dramatic. It seems like it takes several months for us to get probies processed thru PERF. But, I'm not sure if thats something our administration has done or if its PERF. It doesnt take half as long for our nieghboring depts. to get probies processed.

It may also depend on if some of the larger depts. are process new hires at the same time (Indy, Fort Wayne, etc.).

jmichael gave some good advice. Talk to the local pension board where you are being hired. They should be able to give you some kind of time frame.

fieldseng2

Forum Member

Default perf

2 years ago i went through indiana perf and it consisted of eye,ear,lung general physical stuff "turn your head and cough" and a couple of pysch tests and interview . it was in early june and i started june 21.

MembersZone Subscriber

who are you with newbomb
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Forum Member

washington fire department in southwest indiana

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Chrnea, Have you heard anything more about the Noblesville list. I heard that 8 of the first 12 did not pass background and that 2 of the 12 declined. The office told me that they were up to 18 on the hiring list now. Just wandered if you could confirm any of this. Zcam630

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face I know nu--thing!

Sorry Zcam,
    I have no clue about all that. I was #1 on the list so I have no Idea what went on behind me. I made it through everything and my package is up at perf now. Should hear back from them soon. As far as I know, they are still planning on 8 in Oct.
    Where are you on the list?
    (reply title done in honor of SGT. Shultz of Hogans heroes)

MembersZone Subscriber

Chrnea, Im number 20. Even though thats back there, I feal that Im on the bubble at this point, with them being on numbe 18. If not hired for Oct. I have heard that they are wanting to hire a class for January. I guess they are needing people badly. Station 6 is due to open any time and I have heard that they are short man power as it is. Question for you, what did the credit check look for?. That is really the only part that makes me nervous. A divorce a year and a half ago, so bad credit came with it. I have heard that your Oct. class is a joint with Fishers. I have also heard that Noblesville is getting lots of pressure to start building station 7. Look forward to any feed back from you. It is exciting times in Noblesville right now. Stay safe Zcam

MembersZone Subscriber

Default good

It sounds to me like you are getting close. I suspect that you will definatelty get a position. I will tell you what I know.
    I know that station 6 was supposed to operational already but they were having some water supply issues. When I was there a couple weeks ago they were laying the concrete pad down and it was getting close to being done. According to Deputy Chief Taylor it should be online at the end of the month.
    Also According to Chief Taylor, there is no definate number of hires yet for next year. There is a little squabbling with the city council about new hires. but at the rate at which they are annexing property at an incredible rate and expanding the city. According to Deputy Chief Taylor, Station 7 will have to be a reality and they are pushing hard to get the plans made.
    You're right these are exciting time for Noblesville. I am soo excitited to become a part of their organization.
    About the credit check. I have no idea what their criteria is. I imagine that they are more interseted in trends. Not knowing your history I don't know what to tell you. Just do your own credit check and make sure it is right.
    I guess a good gauge to see if it is that bad is to find out if you can get a car loan and what interest the bank would charge. I would imagine that if you can get a loan with a decent rate than your credit isn't too shabby. If you can't get a loan you need to get with a credit counselor. At least you could then show inititive to resolve the problem.
    I think that they understand that life happens. That there will be hiccups. But if your history prior to the event and after the event show responsibility then maybe they might understand.
    Best of luck. I hope to meet you in person soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Chrnea, Thanks for the responce. Keep me posted on how recruit school goes. I hope to be in your shoes soon enough. Best of luck and stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default my Letter came this weekend

I got my letter from Perf on Saturday saying that I was accepted. That is it. The last hurdle has been crossed and Deputy Cheif Taylor called and congratulated me and told me that I was officially hired. Now all I need to get done to cut my ties here is to get my house sold in IL.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Congrats

Congratulations on getting the job. I hope to be in your shoes soon. keep us informed of how recruit school is going. Good luck and stay safe.

Zcam

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hey zcam

hey buddy, set yourself up to receive pm's. I have some info for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have my "PM" turned on. Interested to hear from you. Zcam

Forum Member

Default Interested person here

Hello,
    I've noticed a couple of you are in here discussing the Noblesville Fire Department. My name is Jason Wise, a former Noblesville resident. Right now I'm serving in the Armed Forces (actually I'm deployed right now), but I'm planning to move back to Noblesville when I finish my duty during the early summer of 2007. I still haven't decided on a career path as of yet, but I would like to begin planning for a smooth transition for my family and I. I am interested in gathering more information about joining the Noblesville Fire Department. I was wondering if any of you might offer some advice or be able to answer some questions. How lengthy is the hiring process? What are the general work schedules like if one is accepted into the dept.? What is a rookie's salary in Noblesville, and what increases in pay can expected after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd years? I visited the NFD's website, but I was not able to find anything listed on salaries or benefits. I appreciate any help offered. Thanks for everything.

Sincerely,

Jason Wise
    SSG, USA

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nfd

Jason,
    I will tell you what I know, but it is limited and how accurate I don't know. Noblesville recently opened their 6th station. They are planing from what I have been told on building/opening station 7 with in the next year or so. So there is a lot of growth going on in the area. In terms of how long he process takes. We started the process back in January and the list came out in mid June. This list is good until May of 2007 as I understand it. The next hiring process will begin in January 2007. From what I understand the NFD work schedule is a 24hr on 24hr off for 4 days then 4 days off, I think thats how it works. I don't know anything about pay. I will say that I tested with several departments in the Indianapolis area and Noblesville, I felt was the nicest department to test for. Everything seemed to go so smoothly with them. Everyone I have delt with has been more than profesional

Zach

Thread Information