MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pierce Contender Pumper

My Dept just recently took delivery of an 05 Pierce Contender on an International 4 Door Chasis,and for one poor soul who's posting i read awhile back yes it has a/c. It Has a Hale 1250gpm Pump 1000 gallon upf tank, and the Piere/Class1 Pressure Govenor. I was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it and if they have had any problems with theirs i will try to post some pics of it soon.. for we havent even got it in service yet. some of the guys have some small gripes about it but all in all i like it.......Any comments helpful and i wanted to give a shout at J. Boczek and CR i have read you postings for almost a year and loved every minute of em please keep up the good work , and that goes for all of you regulars on here. "For I am truly my brothers keeper. Andy Burdette
    But there ain't no medals on my chest A*!holes cause im no hero, Im a fireman! (Denis Leary) Tommy Gavin - Rescue Me.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Well, this is bull crap. I taught Jack everything he knows; he gets mentioned by name and I'm just an "all of you regulars."

Hmmmmph.

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Originally posted by jaybird210

Hmmmmph.

That's about all from the post that was worth quoting.

Andy, We almost had a Pierce Contender. Ended up with a Crimson with a 1000 gal. poly tank, a Darley pump and a Class pressure governor. We really like the governor. Have had no problems with it and it beats the old hand cranks. We do have the 4 dr. IH chassis. What a major improvement over the old cabs we were used to. Lots of room, turns short, plenty of power. Did I say we like it?
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

We have 3 Pierce apparatus, 2 engines and 1 tanker. We have been very happy with all 3 of them, no problems. Our tanker is the contender series, the rest are custom. The tanker has a 500 pto pump with the auto settings but we don't use it very much since it is for roadside grass fires and such. I think you will be very happy with the pierce, The only problem we have is the 1st due engine is a international and it takes 5 football fields to turn around, CR and his guys have a freightliner and it turns on a dime, our others are kenworths and they are GREAT trucks. hope that helps a bit

Forum Member

At least you will be able to get some service work done from pierce in timely manner.

Thread Information