+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Typical US Military Behavior

Something MUST be done if this is typical behavior for a member of the US Military.

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...925-976420.php

Forum Member

Send this to the Abu Gharib critics who harrass the army. The bad always is first to get pointed out, not the good.

Forum Member

i sense the sarcasm, great read shows how great our forces are!
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

Can't wait to see what ol' nozz has to say about this one.

Forum Member

That shows how professional this soldier is, and how much restraint he has......If that were me, the guy would be shaking hands with Allah right now.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

That man should receive a medal for his actions, and then a kick in the *** for letting the man live!

Good job, Soldier. We always here about how we are killing innocent women and children (not like any of them have ever had a weapon ) or how we misguided a bomb and dropped it on a hospital. This isn't one of those times.

Forum Member

Something tells me that wasn't the lead story on El Gazera (or whatever the hell that netwrok is called .... and not referring to CBS either). It's too bad that the muslims who watch that network and take it as gospel never get to see the good side ....

Forum Member

It won't be at the top of the news because it doesn't show the war or the military in a bad light, therefore it won't get any ratings for them.

As for the sniper, Air Support should have been brought to bear and the team turned into part of the pavement. Thank God that the "sniper" did not know how to properly eliminate a threat.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

A video excerpt of what happened...

http://www.donttouchmyride.com/CG.wmv

Thank God for body armor!
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank God for body armor!
    Amen to that!

In training, every grunt in the world hates the stuff, but that video should be mandatory viewing for every recruit.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

DAMN ! that was incredible ........may God Bless all our Soldiers.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Originally posted by Ladder8

Thank God for body armor! [/B]
    Ah, you said it first!! My sentiments exactly.

Forum Member

HAHA, they're too busy praising Allah to realize he jumped back up and took cover!! That video's definitely going to buy this guy more than a few beers. I know if I see him while I'm over there, I'll definitely treat him to one. I hope the video circulates through the insurgent communities, it might make them start believing that our guys and gals are invincible!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Berks2Montco84
    HAHA, they're too busy praising Allah to realize he jumped back up and took cover!! That video's definitely going to buy this guy more than a few beers. I know if I see him while I'm over there, I'll definitely treat him to one. I hope the video circulates through the insurgent communities, it might make them start believing that our guys and gals are invincible!!
    Or it'll make them take head shots.

Forum Member

I don't get where thsi video came from? It seemed to move with the shot as if it was close to the rifle. That woudl suggest insurgents made it as they shot -- if so how did we get it? If the Army was shooting it, why not put the camera down and pick up a rifle to shoot whoever just shot your buddy? Someone help?

MembersZone Subscriber

From the article. I know it was hard to find, being buried in the first paragraph and all...

The incident was filmed by the insurgents.
    Do you think that we overrun an insurgent position and then walk away? Of course not, they rip it apart looking for items with intelligence value.

Forum Member

I don't get where thsi video came from? It seemed to move with the shot as if it was close to the rifle. That woudl suggest insurgents made it as they shot -- if so how did we get it? If the Army was shooting it, why not put the camera down and pick up a rifle to shoot whoever just shot your buddy? Someone help?
    the insurgents video when they use IED's and shoot troops so that they can use it as propaganda footage to get more terrorists. But in this case we shot them and took the footage.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

I'm sorry, I am not in agreement here. We are at war with these people. The same people who just got finished shooting this guy, would shoot your mothers in the head in the name of ALLAH. To them we are all INFIDELS and they are hell bent to erradicate us all with their twisted interpertation of the muslem religion. WTC bring back any memmories? This should have been one less rat bastard in the world.
    Never trust a smiling dog.
    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
    PTB, EGH, FTM.

MembersZone Subscriber

And exactly how would you write those charges?

You keep them alive for the same reason you tear their crib apart. He is a potential source of intelligence. You cannot make a dent in a clandestine operation w/o reliable, current intelligence.

Forum Member

Clse air support to take out a sniper team is kinda cost inefficient for the assets used for the gain.Better to meet a sniper on with similar equipment and of course,superior skill and tactics.
    I am glad to read articles like what was posted as it reaffirms my faith that the military aren't as bad as the press would have the public believe.
    Just remember,the newsies are out to get a story,any story.If they don't understand it,they can and have made things up to fir their preconceived ideas of what happened.

Originally posted by DaSharkie

As for the sniper, Air Support should have been brought to bear and the team turned into part of the pavement. Thank God that the "sniper" did not know how to properly eliminate a threat. [/B]

Forum Member

It isn't newsworthy because this is the way soldiers are supposed to act.

You know....Duty, Honor, Country.

It's in all the manuals.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

IACOJ BOD

You keep them alive for the same reason you tear their crib apart. He is a potential source of intelligence. You cannot make a dent in a clandestine operation w/o reliable, current intelligence.
    Good Heavens, George is being logical?

What ever next.

P.S. Air strikes/naplam/Arti are for when LOTS of nasty people are seriously p!ssing on your day. NOT 1 sniper in a populated area.

Quote.

Go READ the damn manuals.

End Quote.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

I know when air support is to be used. I would much rather just kill every single one of these scumbags. No use for them.

Air support is used at the discretion of the team on the ground in need of it, regardless of how many aggressors there are. Some of the stuff that I have been reading by way of reports from encounters in combat have these little dirtbags (excuse me - alleged dirtbags) coming up with dedication to the mission akin to the Japanese in all of our encounters with them.

Intelligence is great, but I have to wonder how willingly many of these foreigners are going to give up information.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

MembersZone Subscriber

Intelligence is great, but I have to wonder how willingly many of these foreigners are going to give up information.
    So what? That is what interrogation is for.

Why would someone confess to a crime? It is because the interrogator builds rapport and then convinces the subject it is in his/her best interest to confess. The same with the "insurgents" -God, I hate that word.

Do you know how much useful intelligence you get out of a dead insurgent? None. That is less than you get out of a live one.

Forum Member

So get the intel, then kill them.

Better yet, send them back to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Oman, or Egypt so that they be punished there. They are much less forgiving than we are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last

Thread Information