MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fort Worth, Tx hiring process

I am a firefighter/paramedic from alabama
    I m going to start the FWFD testing process
    will my medic license help my chances
    does anyone have any background info on the hiring process?
    Thanks

Well, FWFD is civil service so expect the normal testing process of written,physical,interview,poly,med exams etc. Fort Worth usually has a HUGE turnout for people taking the test, about 2000. I have heard that they are planning to hire 28. As far as your medic cert goes, FWFD is BLS only, Medstar ambulance provides ALS. So they probably won't care about your medic. However if you work on transferring your FF cert, that would probably be most helpful.

MembersZone Subscriber

FWFD will not put any preferance for paramedic. If you were to get hired by the FWFD you would have to go to the fire academy, and EMT-B again. This process is alittle discouraging. I am not going to waste my time with the test. If you have intentions on moving to this area check out the outlying cities that opperate their own EMS/Ambulance Service.

Adam

Forum Member

Default I agree, kind of.

Since I don't have my certs yet (working on EMT-B) I'm going to test with FW. I do agree with rinkdude about the other cities in the area. With a few (very few) exceptions, the other cities in the area require both Fire and Paramedic certifications in order to be hired. Many of them are great to work for, and pay pretty well too. There will probably be over 1000 people testing in FW for something like 32 positions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is there a study guide for the written ??? What are the testing subjects for the exam ? Thanks

Since 1950, Don McNea Fire School has prepared over 40,000 fire applicants with our entry level seminars and products. Fireprep.com has over 250 pages of FREE information and career articles to help you reach your goal of becoming a firefighter.

Go to www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter that currently has over 14,000 subscribers

Thread Information