TRANSFORMER FIRE -- A smoldering transformer on an exterior utility pole led to the evacuation Sunday night of an LDS Church meeting house at 1700 N. 400 E. in Orem.
Battalion Chief Don Rieske of the Orem Fire Department said the transformer overheated, melted some insulation and started a small fire just after 6:30 p.
Fire officials had to cancel at least two in-progress activities at the church.
Rieske said they also monitored nearby homes adjacent to the church that also feed off the transformer. He said those residents were asked to stay out of their back yards until after it was safe.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Utah-Orem Transformer Fire
07-18-2005, 08:47 PM #1
Utah-Orem Transformer FireFront line since 1983 and still going strong
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)