Forum Member

Default So much for being "PC".

Nice to see somebody stand up to the "PC" crowd.

Hillsborough commissioners take new gay pride vote

Last month, Hillsborough County commissioners passed a controversial policy that prohibited using county money to support gay issues.

Full Story:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...20/109168.html

Comments...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Nice to see somebody stand up to the "PC" crowd.
    Yeah - it is good to see Dave.
    Jacktee

IACOJ

"Insert quotation here."

Forum Member

You know, I don't have problems with any groups in this country, whether it be race, religion, sexual preference. But when one group gets preferential treatment over another just because they're in a minority group, that's complete bull****. Everyone always complains about racism. What about reverse-racism, on the government's part no less? The government give money to pro-gay causes, where's the money to the pro-straight causes? Then there's minorities getting a break when it comes to colleges and jobs and basically everything else. If it was up to me, the "Race" section on the application would be completely eliminated and the interview process would be conducted by people who have been de-sensitized to race.

People complain about how unfair this country is to minorities, well sometimes it seems like it's the other way around. Like the one guy who was asking questions about Iraq, and someone suggested trying to find fire employment in the US. I think he got passed up for one job because the department had to fill their minority quotient, despite the fact that the guys hired had no training whatsoever. How is that fair?

That's just my $.02....

Forum Member

i think there is an inverse relationship with people being PC and in-touch with Reality.

Forum Member

Sometimes I wonder if the minorities in this country aren't just trying to further seperate themselves from the norm. They use the stance that they are just trying to be "equal," but in there position all they do is demonstrate how different they are. Like this topic for example, they are demonstrating that they want county taxes to pay for their whatever, essentially making them equal in there eyes. But in doing so they place such an emphasis on the fact that they're different than everyone else. Maybe if they didn't throw the "we're gay" and "we're different" card around so damn much and focused on the fact that they're just humans like us all, more progress would be made.

Thread Information