OSD122

Default Looking for info on VFD's in Clark County, NV

Anyone have information on volunteer departments in Clark County, Nevada? There is a possibility of me transferring to Las Vegas in a few months. With that said, I would like to check into volunteering in Clark County.

Searching the USA Department Profiles here at Firehouse.com, I've found a number of volunteer companies in Clark County, but there is no information on their equipment, apparatus, or department make up.

Here's a list of departments that I've found in Clark County so far.

Blue Diamond Vol. Fire Dept.

Goodsprings Vol. Fire Dept.

Indian Springs Vol. Fire Dept.

Logandale Vol. Fire Dept.

Mount Charleston Vol. Fire Dept.

OSD122

Mountain Springs Vol. Fire Dept.

Overton Vol. Fire Dept.

Sandy Valley Vol. Fire Dept.

Searchlight Vol. Fire Rescue

Thanks in advance for your help.

OSD122

Bump.

Forum Member

You should join the Bridge Canyon Fire Dept., I'm sure Chief Donna Clark will be willing to take you on for a fair price. And benefits from Dr. Donna Clark the Surgeon and Dentist/Psychologist. Need a Lawyer, she's one of those too, and she is also an insurance agent. As long as you don't ask any questions, you'll be just fine!

Forum Member

Your answer to osd122 is just wrong on so many levels....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

OSD122

Originally posted by blueeighty88
    You should join the Bridge Canyon Fire Dept., I'm sure Chief Donna Clark will be willing to take you on for a fair price. And benefits from Dr. Donna Clark the Surgeon and Dentist/Psychologist. Need a Lawyer, she's one of those too, and she is also an insurance agent. As long as you don't ask any questions, you'll be just fine!
    Wow. Talk about being a "Jack-of-all-Trades"

Say blueeighty88,

Do any of the volunteer departments have web sites? I'd like to get a little more information on the departments and the apparatus.

Thanks

Forum Member

from looking at your list I would say that you would live a good distance from Las Vegas with all of those depts. I lived in Vegas for 3 years and the closest is Mt. Charleston but housing is very expensive. Most of those Dept. handle mainly wildfires. Las Vegas has some extremly strict fire codes due to the MGM fire. I wish you the best and its a buitifull area to live in.

OSD122

Originally posted by 64FFMJK
    from looking at your list I would say that you would live a good distance from Las Vegas with all of those depts. I lived in Vegas for 3 years and the closest is Mt. Charleston but housing is very expensive. Most of those Dept. handle mainly wildfires. Las Vegas has some extremly strict fire codes due to the MGM fire. I wish you the best and its a buitifull area to live in.

Thanks. I've still got some time to decide on the move. Hopefully I can get a trip out that way soon with some spare time to get out and look around.

Forum Member

Clark County Fire Department is mainly a Career Department servicing The City of Las Vegas and the unincorporated areas of Clark County which is quite large.

Blue Diamond, Indian Springs, Goodsprings, and Mt. Charleston are the ones I can remember when I lived in Vegas about 8 years ago. However those areas are sparsley populated {at least they were when I was out there} and although the CCFD encourages volunteers for that area there isn't much firefighting involvement except for wildfire, an occasional car fire or wreck on the interstate and maybe a structure fire now and again.

Now this info comes from when I was a resident the areas may be diffrent now {My parents reside there and tell me that the entire region is continuing to build up with the CCFD Opening New Stations

Forum Member

Originally posted by OSD122

Wow. Talk about being a "Jack-of-all-Trades"

Say blueeighty88,

Do any of the volunteer departments have web sites? I'd like to get a little more information on the departments and the apparatus.

Thanks
    Actually, I think she does have a website.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, so if you do a search, say over the past five years; you'll be able to read "Chief" Clark's life story when your all finished.

Bridge Canyon Fire Dept.

Yes, I knew I'd find it. and I also got to relive all the dreadful memories of July36 - or whatever her ID was.
    Last edited by blueeighty88; 07-28-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Your answer to osd122 is just wrong on so many levels....
    That was the plan, Gonzo. I was being sarcastic.

Thread Information